YANI: Paranoia

Daniel

Create an intrinsic paranoia attribute. It could be acquried from a
monster clerical spell, and magic cancellation could offer a saving
throw to avoid it. Its effect would be twofold:

1. Whenever you move, there's a 1/50 chance that you'll think you're
running into an invisible monster.
2. Every form of vision except for normal vision and infravision makes
you see non-existent nasties.

Once acquired it should be fairly difficult to cure. Prayer should
treat it as a minor problem. Certain foods should perhaps cure it but
I don't think a unihorn ought to be effective.

daniel@franke.name wrote:
> Create an intrinsic paranoia attribute.

Ooh cool

> 1. Whenever you move, there's a 1/50 chance that you'll think you're
> running into an invisible monster.

I dunno. 1/50 seems a bit too much... but on second thought those
monsters aren't really a problem...

> 2. Every form of vision except for normal vision and infravision makes
> you see non-existent nasties.

This seems a bit more harsh...

Well I think there should be more than this... maybe 1/50 of the time
you hit a monster you automatically run away? ;-)