[help] improving skills

Hi folk

My wizard is riding his new pet, a black dragon, and I am wondering how
to improve his riding skill so he can pick up things without having to
dismount.

LT-P

--
Seals are cute, kiss them

LT-P wrote:
> Hi folk

> My wizard is riding his new pet, a black dragon, and I am wondering how
> to improve his riding skill so he can pick up things without having to
> dismount.

Hmm...

Type #enhance. If riding isn't in there, I don't believe you'll be able
to improve it...

> Seals are cute, kiss them

Nonono, that's... wait a minute...

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005, LT-P wrote:

> Hi folk
>
> My wizard is riding his new pet, a black dragon, and I am wondering how
> to improve his riding skill so he can pick up things without having to
> dismount.

Wizards can get to basic in riding, which should be sufficient.

You should mount your pet for sufficient move to be able to #enhance the
corresponding skill. Something like 2000 turns, iirc.

BTW, dragons are not such great ride since they are rather slow (evne once
speeded).

Hypocoristiquement,
Jym.

Le Sun, 3 Jul 2005 21:13:25 +0200, Jym <moyen@loria.fr> a écrit:

> You should mount your pet for sufficient move to be able to #enhance the
> corresponding skill. Something like 2000 turns, iirc.
ok, merci.

> BTW, dragons are not such great ride since they are rather slow (evne once
> speeded).
What would make a better mount for my chaotic elf wizard ?

LT-P

--
Seals are cute, kiss them

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, LT-P wrote:

> Le Sun, 3 Jul 2005 21:13:25 +0200, Jym <moyen@loria.fr> a écrit:
>
> > You should mount your pet for sufficient move to be able to #enhance the
> > corresponding skill. Something like 2000 turns, iirc.
> ok, merci.
>
> > BTW, dragons are not such great ride since they are rather slow (evne once
> > speeded).
> What would make a better mount for my chaotic elf wizard ?

Usual nice mounts are Jabberwock (fast, flying and eat (so keep tame)) and
Ki-rin (fast, flying, self-healing, spaellcaster but does not eat, so may
become untame (especially if you (dis)mount it often). Plus hard to tame
(MR)).

Moreover, dragons do not breath when pets (except with the appropriate
patch, iirc) so you will not have all the benefits from a black one (and
silver (reflection) or gray (MR) may be nicer pets.

Hypocoristiquement,
Jym.