Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I just thought I would see what everyone had to say. I just got my 1gig processor and had it running with the heat sink that came with it and it would run at 47C idle and about 50C full. So I didn't like the temp so I went and bought a Globalwin FOP32 heat sink and fan. Now my processor runs at 37C idle and 40 full.

I thought that was pretty sweet to tell you the truth. Granted I have really good case cooling and my case runs at 27C. Thats why I think the processor is so cool.

Anyways, let me know what you think and if I am wrong about it being 'sweet'.

Thanks .....

<font color=green>"Your call will be answered by the next available Tech Support representative"</font color=green>

kurokaze

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
Hmm.. i dunno.. I got a volcano II on my 1Ghz + a 92mm
delta fan blowing on it (+65 cfm) and my idle is anywhere
from 32-35C, depending on the ambient room temp..
I can actually hit 30C if I leave alone for like 2 hours
:lol:

Under load my temps go anywhere from 44C all the way up
to 51C!!! again depending on the ambient temp..

But without a case fan your temps are pretty good!

Intel Components, AMD Components... all made in Taiwan!

G

I have a question/commnet. I am currently running an AMD 1333 on an ASUS A7A266 with the most current BIOS (1004, I think). My problem is that my CPU is constantly overheating. I tried 2 no-name brand fans, temperature was between 60 and 65 at idle. Then as soon as I run an CPU intensive app, I get that loud, constant beep from the mainboard that means your CPU is overheating. I read Tom's article on HSFs and I ordered a GlobalWin FOP32, which according to Tom's article, should keep my CPU temp under 40 degrees. I put the new fan on and, same results, temp between 60 and 65 at idle, then the stupid beep when I run something. I have 2 case fans and my MB temperature is never over 30, as is the ambient temp. Could my Mobo be reading the temperature wrong, or is my CPU bad??? How should I go about fixing this???

Philisoft

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2001
My a7a266 1.2ghz athlon runs at about 55-59 when idle, and I haven't tried any processor intensive tasks yet because I'm a bit afraid as to what I could do to this processor... I'm using the big ass heatsink and fan they gave me with the processor, and a power supply fan on my supply, but no case fan as of yet. I have my case open, and my mobo runs at about 33 celcius, so I think these CPUS are supposed to run pretty hot. I'll try and lower mine down with a nice case fan though in the future.

-Phil Crosby
http://www.philisoft.com
http://www.graphics-design.com

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If you use <b>Asus Probe</b>, try other softwares such as <b><A HREF="http://mbm.livewiredev.com" target="_new">Motherboard Monitor</A></b> for more accurate temp reading.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.