Hey everyone, I'm looking for some suggestions on a laptop that's to be used strictly for work.
1. What is your budget?
~£900 - I could be tempted to go higher if there's a good reason
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Minimum of 14", prefer 15" or more.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop replacement. It will, of course, be moved around, but not often enough to be a factor.
5. How much battery life do you need?
Again, unimportant. The more the better, but a power supply will be available most of the time.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Photo editing. This is the important part since that's what the laptop will be used for 99% of the time. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel Draw, you name it. It needs to be able to handle large images in good quality, talking about banners and signs that will end up being larger than a square meter or two and might not always be vectors. This is kinda demanding, I know, I just want the process to be as smooth as possible.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Not a primary concern either. I guess 250gb is a minimum nowadays.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Unimportant. I'd guess A DVD-R is standard.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I don't mind the brand as long as it comes with a recommendation.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but I guess it goes without saying that I'd rather not be able to fry eggs on it due to overheating.