Sign in with
Your question

Windows stops responding

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
January 22, 2013 3:11:15 PM

I formatted my drive and installed a fresh new windows 7 on it. Worked fine installing, no errors.

Now whenever I go to start a windows program such as, computer, documents, control panel and everything else on the right hand side when you click the start menu. When I click one of them it just pops up "windows has stopped responding"

Any ideas on what the trouble is?
a c 219 $ Windows 7
January 22, 2013 3:24:35 PM

Off hand, it could be most anything. try checking the event viewer to see if it provides any clues as to what is going on.
Related resources
a c 219 $ Windows 7
January 22, 2013 4:35:35 PM

Those are informational events. You need to check the "application" group and the "system" group. They should have a red error icon next to them instead of the informational exclamation point icon. Also, if you double click an event, it will open it in a window so you can see/read more of the description.

Since you have win7, there should be an "administrative events" category under "custom views" too. This groups all errors together.
January 22, 2013 5:02:12 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
Those are informational events. You need to check the "application" group and the "system" group. They should have a red error icon next to them instead of the informational exclamation point icon. Also, if you double click an event, it will open it in a window so you can see/read more of the description.

Since you have win7, there should be an "administrative events" category under "custom views" too. This groups all errors together.

This is the error for it http://gyazo.com/ae7e98fb55a3144a09ba5fd5463b7842
a c 219 $ Windows 7
January 22, 2013 5:10:03 PM

Double click on it so it's easier to read, then look for a link that reads something like: For more information see help and support center at... followed by a link. Click the link and it should provide some information. You may have to try several times as it doesn't always seem to work the first time.

Short of that, make sure all your drivers are up to date and that you installed the chipset drivers, otherwise you may need to reinstall your OS again.
January 23, 2013 2:29:06 PM

Can anyone help?
February 3, 2013 12:02:42 PM

Please someone help
!