Will ZZTOP work omn a Win98 Dell Dimension XPS R400?

I'm trying to salvage a Dell Dimension XPS R400 Win98 PC.
Did Dell use ZZTOP to recover the orginal software configuration
on this model?
If so, how do I access it? Boot w/ floppy enter ZZTOP at C:\>?

Mike
1 answer Last reply
More about will zztop work win98 dell dimension r400

    Considering the age of the machine the ZZTop image file has probably
    been corrupted a long time ago. The image file has a short life span
    and was used primarily by Dell Tech Support to get the new computer
    owner up and running quickly while the computer was still young. You
    can try it to see. Just boot in to DOS and type ZZTOP. From what I
    remember once ZZTop is running there is an option to check the
    integrity of the image file.

    On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 03:22:42 GMT, "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >I'm trying to salvage a Dell Dimension XPS R400 Win98 PC.
    >Did Dell use ZZTOP to recover the orginal software configuration
    >on this model?
    >If so, how do I access it? Boot w/ floppy enter ZZTOP at C:\>?
    >
    >Mike

Dell XPS Dimension Computers