Will ZZTOP work omn a Win98 Dell Dimension XPS R400?

Tags:
  • Dell
  • XPS
  • Dimension
  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
September 1, 2004 7:22:42 AM

I'm trying to salvage a Dell Dimension XPS R400 Win98 PC.
Did Dell use ZZTOP to recover the orginal software configuration
on this model?
If so, how do I access it? Boot w/ floppy enter ZZTOP at C:\>?

Mike

More about : zztop work omn win98 dell dimension xps r400

Anonymous
September 1, 2004 12:06:08 PM

Considering the age of the machine the ZZTop image file has probably
been corrupted a long time ago. The image file has a short life span
and was used primarily by Dell Tech Support to get the new computer
owner up and running quickly while the computer was still young. You
can try it to see. Just boot in to DOS and type ZZTOP. From what I
remember once ZZTop is running there is an option to check the
integrity of the image file.

!