Annoying Virtual Memory!!!

The_Thing

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002
I have a slightly aged computer I built. Asus A7V333 motherboard, Geforce 4 Ti 4400 on a gainward board, 256 MB of PC 2100 DDR wit slower 2.5 CAS (Crucial), Segate Baracuda III ATA100 Hard Drive, 20 Gig. I run windows XP Pro Corperate Edition. I have all the the updates. Sometimes when I'm playing a game, windows will say Virtual Memory too Low. It increses the size and then my games start running slow. If I set it to a custom size, them my games start to get glitchy. Games are (Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries, Aliens Vs. Predator 2, Commanche 4). Does anybody know if there is a setting I can change to increse the virtual memory so it doesn't try to enlarge it all the time???

dhlucke

Polypheme
win-pause
advanced tab
perforance:settings button
advanced tab
virtual memory: change button

set it to something where both the min and max is the same.

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/ApJ/" target="_new">Forum Assassin</A></font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by dhlucke on 01/02/03 07:36 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I wonder why do pippel insatoll all that bull if they don't really need it? Leave it without SP1 (2..3..4...) if you don't need nothing from them.

I had trouble with 2k-SP3 on my laptop (dial up quit working), so I left it on CD for good and staid with SP2 forevva.. go figure what those SPs bring.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
what file system are you using? how much hd space you have empty? what disk utility you are using? stuff like that.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...