ETA for SandyBridge laptops in stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidy

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
When are the new Sandy Bridge powered laptops going to be available at brick and mortar locations?

I just got my laptop approved for exchange at Geek Squad, so i'll be getting ~$1000 gift card for BBY and I want to wait for the new CPU's. Does anyone know when they might be coming out (again)?

Whoops, didn't notice those when I was on NE earlier. I guess there are a few out there again. Bestbuy though tends to be a bit behind when it comes to getting the latest laptops and such though, so it may be another month or they could be out within a week or so. I guess your best bet would be to get in touch with BB and see if anyone there has any answers.

spidy

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008

I knew there was some stupid thing like that i didn't know!

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
Just talked to a friend who does stocking for BB, and the ONLINE store is set to have them back in about a week, with real availabity in numbers within two. and you can use the card on line..
as far as in store, depends on location and how many non-SB they have in stock and in the distribution center- they have been told to run out all the others first so they dont have to discount them

DavidC1

Distinguished
May 18, 2006

Sandy Bridge is the codename for Intel's latest microprocessor. Officially they call it "2nd generation Core". Any time the system is mentioned as 2nd generation Core i3/i5/i7 that's Sandy Bridge based system.

Sandy Bridge brings both increased performance and better battery life for laptops. You might also find platform specific features like 2nd generation WiDi(Wireless Display) useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.