Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Why is my computer freezing on me when I load Internet!

Last response: in Windows 7
January 22, 2013 3:46:03 PM

Hey, all of a sudden my computer just freezes and won't let me press anything I can't even move the mouse! It only seems to do this when I load the Internet up, it will work for 5 minutes then freeze! Or freezes straight away if I go on a video, I have tried a few things but none work, I have tested it for malware/spyware/virus ... They is nothing, I tried different browsers still don't work!
My windows 7 is not a genuine copy if this effects it please let me know
a b $ Windows 7
January 22, 2013 3:48:46 PM

Get yourself a genuine copy of Windows and then come back. We don't support pirates/thieves in these forums.
Score
January 22, 2013 3:53:09 PM

I bet someone has already all your passwords
Score
Related resources
January 22, 2013 3:56:44 PM

How ?
Score
January 22, 2013 4:10:39 PM

Okay I just bough a product key online and now activated windows, still does same thing
Score
a b $ Windows 7
January 22, 2013 4:16:24 PM

Illegal copies of Windows can come with all kinds of nasty things.

You can get a ISO image to use with a new purchased key. That would involve a full reinstall and it would be best to clear the old drive just in case as well.

Your issue sounds more like a heat or driver issue, so check the fans/heatsinks for dust and ensure your drivers are up to date.
Score
January 22, 2013 4:17:30 PM

Thanks, how do I check if my drivers are up to date ?
Score
a b $ Windows 7
January 22, 2013 4:26:32 PM

Visit the MB makers website and Video card makers website to get the latest.

So if you have an Asus board

asus.com -> (may be in a Services menu)support -> drivers(Download Drivers, BIOS, Manuals, and Firmware).

If you have an Nvidia card
Nvidia.com

AMD/ATI card
AMD.com

If the system is old, ensure you have cleared out dust as heat causes issues too.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
January 22, 2013 4:29:37 PM

Quote:
99% of windows copies are pirated in my country because it is legal btw they don't sell it in my country neither. nothing has gone wrong ever because of a pirated windows copy.

LMAO!!!!!!

1) It is not legal to obtain a pirated copy just because it's not sold in your country
2) Lots and lots of pirated copies are packed with keyloggers, malware, virus's and yes LOTS of things have gone wrong because of PIRATED copies of windows.

Good lord this was a funny post....
Score
a b $ Windows 7
January 22, 2013 4:35:04 PM

unoriginal1 said:
LMAO!!!!!!

1) It is not legal to obtain a pirated copy just because it's not sold in your country
2) Lots and lots of pirated copies are packed with keyloggers, malware, virus's and yes LOTS of things have gone wrong because of PIRATED copies of windows.

Good lord this was a funny post....

Can not agree more. You NEVER know what you will get. Sometimes its perfectly clean with an activation bypass, but other times you get all the above and next things you know all your passwords are known.

Its a grey area to begin with, but many of the older pirated versions of XP had been PRO with no requirement to activate and a key used by a large company. These copies worked because the key was never blacklisted.

You just never know what you are getting into with pirated software of any kind.
Score
January 22, 2013 4:50:58 PM

jayjaymozza said:
Thanks, how do I check if my drivers are up to date ?

you can also use SlimDrivers it has a free version for download and works fine. it works automaticly.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
January 22, 2013 4:56:31 PM

Quote:
we buy it in the stores dude, they sell pirated everything. it is legal :)  legal is different from moral, can you comprehend it, or everything seems funny to you in your life that you can't actually think before talking? in my country with 80 mil population and less than 1% genuine copy of any software nothing has gone wrong yet.

Guess what? Still illegal. lol. How about you take your own advice an think before typing ;) .
Score
a b $ Windows 7
January 22, 2013 4:58:03 PM

Quote:
not if you download it from the right place, I'm not trying to promote pirating here but I believe we should not misinform people even if they are seeking something not good or moral.
everyone should support the producer of the stuff/software etc which he uses and enjoys.

The correct place to download would be digital river. And also EVERYONE in YOUR country has the option to PURCHASE a license ONLINE.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
January 22, 2013 5:03:10 PM

This would be kind of like saying that the copies of pirated movies you a can buy on the streets in many larger cities/metropolitan areas are legal because they sell them this way.

Either way. Legal is the BEST way to go. No one can force you do do it(some people simply can not afford to, but they have the linux option :)  ).

The forum rules do say that we are NOT to recommend or even help with illegal software here.

Hell they have a full mall of knock offs/pirated stuff. Sure they have some legit stores, but you know why people are going.
http://www.pacificmalltoronto.com/
Score
January 22, 2013 5:03:48 PM

unoriginal1 said:
The correct place to download would be digital river. And also EVERYONE in YOUR country has the option to PURCHASE a license ONLINE.

we don't have that option. banks support online payment for domestic purchases. we can do online purchase via third party companies or some people but for at least double/triple the price. and incomes are not that high you can't justify paying 10~20% of your monthly income for a software and starve.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
January 22, 2013 5:14:22 PM

shahrooz said:
we don't have that option. banks support online payment for domestic purchases. we can do online purchase via third party companies or some people but for at least double price. and incomes are not that high to justify paying 10~20% of your monthly income for a software.

Well that sucks.. and i apologize for my bluntness before. I know there are some poverty places in this world. Unfortunately, what nukemaster said is true and you'll get banned for giving advice on pirated software. In your country it does look like it's the only option if you want Windows. Linux is about the only "legit" answer you guys would have.

Best of luck!
Score
a b $ Windows 7
January 22, 2013 5:33:08 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!