Windows 7 takes abnormally long to get past splash screen (on SSD)

kanoobie

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2006
Hi all, I currently built a computer for my nephew with the following parts: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yYAn

Some background:
The system had been up and running for the good part of winter break. Once school started he wasn't able to go on the PC till this past long weekend. Initially, the computer started fine: Microsoft Security Essentials updated its virus definitions and ran a quick scan of the SSD, he played on the PC for a couple of hours, he also downloaded part of Farcry 3 from Uplay (ubisoft), and when he shut it down windows automatically installed some updates. The next day we noticed that during system boot-up the windows splash screen lasted for around 25 seconds and ever since that day Windows takes abnormally long to load.
I need help figuring out what is causing this issue.

Here is what I know about the system:
The Samsung 840 pro is the OS drive and is running the latest firmware
Desktop, Downloads, and Documents folder are set to a 2.4 TB partition of a 3TB Seagate Barracuda
The benchmark score for the SSD is 516 seq. read 298 seq. write (measured after the boot issue)
The SSD is running in AHCI mode and has TRIM enabled
The system has the latest drivers from Intel for the SATA AHCI Controller
Loading defaults in BIOS and disconnecting all the peripherals did not help the system boot faster
*edit* Event viewer shows that recently there have been errors with ISCT agent and WMI as a source. *edit*
The Windows splash screen used to last about 3 seconds, now it lasts about 25 seconds.

The system is working fine, but the long boot times are not acceptable. Please help me figure out what is causing the slow system start-up.

edit* Event viewer shows that recently there have been errors with ISCT agent and WMI as a source.

had the same thing with xp on a hdd first it took 45 sec to boot up 2 days later 1min 30 sec (unfixable driver issue) could also be that windows update or a program in the background is diong this. i fixed the problem after reinstalling xp

systemrestore or just uninstall the program's you recently installed like far cry 3.
if that doesn't help try advanecd systemcare 6 and let it do it's job. BUT FIRST PUT IT IN EXPERT MODE!.
that doesn't work try an other antivirus like avast free its a really good antivirus

kanoobie

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2006
Proceeding to uninstall everything recently downloaded/updated. I would also like to note that under Event Viewer it shows that in the past hour there have been errors with ISCT agent and WMI as a source.