Window User Data Take Up To Much Space On SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marksman724

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Hey Internet,

I have noticed that my SSD has been filling up quite fast lately. So I went to remove some programs thinking that was the issue, with no luck. *snap* So I did a disk cleaner run, removed 32gbs of info of it. Went to install ''Assassins Creed 3'' (Got the game off ''Gamerfanshop'') installed it my HDD. All was good, checked my SSD now its back down to 12gbs (82gbs total). Went to see what the issue was, it says that there is 41GBS of info on my Windows user. I open it to see where all the information was and I only find 12gbs in it... What is wrong? HELP!

Pictures of the SSD
clYUxBy.png

4WaUt6L.png

JkxznF8.png

-Marksman

If you go to C:\USERS folder, then select your folder (user name), you can right click on most of the folders, and choose the "location" tab - simply change it from C:\USERS\LOGIN NAME\FOLDER NAME to D:\USERS\LOGIN NAME\FOLDER NAME (assuming that C:\ is your SSD and D:\ is your hard drive - don't change the username/folder name. Windows will automatically move the files and they will be located on the hard drive instead of the SSD.

Marksman724

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

I don't think you understood the issue I am having. I have 29gbs of information that is not showing up on my Window User. Look at the picture, I select all of the folders and it says I have ''12gbs selected''. Yet when I go to the User/Mark folder it says I have 41gbs in the folder''.

-Marksman

Games put a ton of data in the "Saved Games" folder - moving this to the hard drive will save a lot of space. I moved all the folders I could off the SSD to the Hard Drive to reduce the amount of writing to the SSD. The Hard Drives are better equipped for multiple read/writes - not to mention a ton cheaper.

And the people above are correct - you aren't selecting the "hidden files & folders" and that is why you have a discrepancy.

Marksman724

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

Thank you so much! The game I was installing was someone adding 16gbs of information to my temp folder!

-Marksman

Status
Not open for further replies.