Would buying a 2560x1440 monitor stretch the quality?

davelepard

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
So I've recently heard about these ultra cheap monitors (around $300-$400 depending who the seller is) from South Korea and a lot of reviews I have read have been highly positive of their performance. If I would go for something like this, seeing as how the resolution is huge, would this completely destroy the quality of my movies? I'm highly into cinema and I do enjoy having high qualities to view. I worry though that with the resolution of a monitor such as this, it would stretch the picture (since movies only go up to 1080p but I only have 720p quality movies). So would this completely ruin the picture and make it pixelated and blocky, or is there some sort of magic that will preserve the quality with such a large resolution? Should I go for a 1280 x 720 if I don't want to lose any quality? Could I get away with a 1920 x 1080, or would that stretch the picture as well? My monitor right now is from when I first got into computing (about 5 years ago) and is only 19 inches (not exactly the greatest, nor immersive for games and movies due to how small it is). I've been eager for some time to get a larger monitor but the problem was always their expensive prices. I've always heard that once you get a high res monitor you'll never look back.

emperor piehead

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
I've heard about those monitors as well i hear shimian & catleap are the best thinking of picking one up my self. As for the stretching it would most likely do what happens with like a big tv sorta of thing would be my best guess. If anything i would keep like a 1080p monitor as an extra screen & watch movies on that if it bugs you on the 1440p screen.