Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Problems with Samsung Monitor - keeps going black screen

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 29, 2012 12:04:27 AM

Hello Gents and Gentets,

My monitor two days ago decided to start screwing with me two days ago. It was working perfectly, unplugged it from my tower (only tower), moved my tower to the living room, moved it back (after watching some movies) and it would flash between "Analog" "Digital" "Analog" "Digital" and then I would get a black screen like it was getting ready to show my display but would just stay blank.

I bought a new DVI cable and tried that, I have tried a VGA cable to no avail. My computer recognizes it (meaning when I have it plugged into my TV and monitor, it says there are two displays and I can drag everything over to the second monitor as usual), there are no cracks or breaks and the "Check for signal DIGITAL" with the three colors still pops up and floats around the screen.

If anyone has any ideas about this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Samsung SyncMaster S23A

It is an LED backlight monitor 23"
January 6, 2013 12:54:39 AM

Update - I have tried everything that Samsungs troubleshooting has told me to do online, nothing has worked. Should I just think about having to get a new monitor?

I do know that when I turn on my computer, unplug my DVI cable from the back of the monitor itself and plug it back in, it acts like it's trying to connect.

Again, thank you for the help!
Score
a b C Monitor
January 6, 2013 1:07:04 AM

It would help if you were able to try it on another computer to verify that maybe it could be defective.
How old is this monitor ? Have you had any problems with it recently ?
Score
Related resources
January 6, 2013 9:15:33 PM

Thank you for the reply!

I have tried with two laptops and a different desktop, none work.

The monitor is less than a year old, about eight months.

I haven't had a single problem with it in the past!

Thank you for the help!
Score

Best solution

a b C Monitor
January 6, 2013 10:48:22 PM

If it's still under warranty then you could contact Samsung support for a solution.
January 7, 2013 9:07:41 AM

Sadly, the warranty just ran out two months ago (as I found out tonight).

It will cost anywhere from 80-150 to repair and it was only a 200 monitor.

Should I risk it and send it in? Or count my losses and grab a new monitor?
Score
January 10, 2013 5:16:13 PM

Best answer selected by drumorgan.
Score
a b C Monitor
January 11, 2013 12:47:27 AM

If the cost is 80 to 150 with maybe closer to 150 I would scrap it and buy a new one for that price. If we were talking about a 500-600 monitor then yes it would be worth repairing but not if it cost 200.
Score
January 12, 2013 6:03:14 PM

That was my feelings as well. Thanks for the insight inzone!
Score
a b C Monitor
January 12, 2013 8:46:50 PM

Your welcome.
Score
!