Raising a pet unicorn from the dead...

I have a 10th level elven wizard going. My pet stepped onto a
polymorph trap, and turned into a neutral unicorn. What a great pet,
fast, strong, and attacks multiple times per round.

So there was a troll that was causing us trouble; it would rise from
the dead while I was attempting to eat it. When he came back, he
killed my unicorn!

So I did what any good pet owner would do. I brought life back into
his grey body with a wand of turn undead.

Here's the catch. When he was killed, his horn became an item on the
ground. The troll even wielded it briefly. I guess that now, my pet
is prancing around without a horn.

:(

Will this affect his abilities at all? He must be depressed. Can I
re-attach the horn? That would be nuts.
5 answers Last reply
More about raising unicorn dead

    Well, it got another horn when it got resurrected, so you don't need to
    worry about that.

    However, don't think about resurrecting other unicorns for multiple
    horns, that won't work most of the time.

    On 8 Jul 2005 19:28:25 -0700, thiskidrob@yahoo.com Gave us:

    >I have a 10th level elven wizard going. My pet stepped onto a
    >polymorph trap, and turned into a neutral unicorn. What a great pet,
    >fast, strong, and attacks multiple times per round.
    >
    >So there was a troll that was causing us trouble; it would rise from
    >the dead while I was attempting to eat it. When he came back, he
    >killed my unicorn!
    >
    >So I did what any good pet owner would do. I brought life back into
    >his grey body with a wand of turn undead.
    >
    >Here's the catch. When he was killed, his horn became an item on the
    >ground. The troll even wielded it briefly. I guess that now, my pet
    >is prancing around without a horn.
    >
    >:(
    >
    >Will this affect his abilities at all? He must be depressed. Can I
    >re-attach the horn? That would be nuts.

    I'd polymorph him again, and maybe back to a uni later... the horn
    returns!... Perhaps...

    thiskidrob@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I guess that now, my pet is prancing around without a horn.

    I think dehorned unicorns should be called eunuchs. Or, if you prefer,
    unics. Or for that matter unix.

    On 10 Jul 2005 15:04:39 -0700
    "Spook" <mtborn@gmail.com> wrote:

    >thiskidrob@yahoo.com wrote:
    >> I guess that now, my pet is prancing around without a horn.
    >
    >I think dehorned unicorns should be called eunuchs. Or, if you prefer,
    >unics. Or for that matter unix.

    Hmmm... there is a geek character patch that adds a geek role,
    But I don't know what the quest nemesis is...

    Spook wrote:

    >>I guess that now, my pet is prancing around without a horn.
    >
    > I think dehorned unicorns should be called eunuchs. Or, if you prefer,
    > unics. Or for that matter unix.

    Say hello to the unixorn: Phases through walls, teleports, is immune to
    most harmful status-ailments and practically impossible to catch.
    Only surpassed only in annoyance-factor by it's even more hybridized
    cousin, the gelatinous unixorn. No stash is safe!

Games Video Games