Rodney and artifacts

Gherkin

Distinguished
May 6, 2003

A few quick questions: I just found the eye of the Aethiopica in a
bones file and will soon get the orb of detection when I get through
the Arch quest. Does having two magic-resistance conferring artifacts
guarantee me MR in the late game, or can Rodney steal them both. Does
he go after any and all artifacts? What about artifact weapons? Does
anybody else steal artifacts? I know I have lost my artifact to him,
but this is only the second time I have had two quest artifacts.
Please advise, thanks!

PS Almost forgot. The Eye was greased. Does this make it hard for
Rodney to get his mitts on it?

Gherkin wrote:
> A few quick questions: I just found the eye of the Aethiopica in a
> bones file and will soon get the orb of detection when I get through
> the Arch quest. Does having two magic-resistance conferring artifacts
> guarantee me MR in the late game, or can Rodney steal them both. Does
> he go after any and all artifacts? What about artifact weapons? Does
> anybody else steal artifacts? I know I have lost my artifact to him,
> but this is only the second time I have had two quest artifacts.
> Please advise, thanks!

As I understand it, he only steals your own quest artifact. So the eye
should be safe. However, that doesn't mean it can't be stolen by anything.

> PS Almost forgot. The Eye was greased. Does this make it hard for
> Rodney to get his mitts on it?

No.

Andy Johnson <swervy.aTAKE@this-out.gmail.com> writes:

> Gherkin wrote:
[..]
> > PS Almost forgot. The Eye was greased. Does this make it hard for
> > Rodney to get his mitts on it?
> >
> No.

Neat idea, though.

Best,