PS3 to Dell U2312HM - Black screen

Azure Sine

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Hardware I'm using:
Dell U2312HM (1920x1080, and its DVI input is HDCP compliant)
PS3 Slim 120GB
HDMI to DVI cable

When I connect all of this up and power on the PS3, I either get a black screen or the monitor doesn't even detect an input signal. The cable works just fine from my PC to the monitor, and even with an Xbox 360. I can only assume that my issue lies with the HDCP handshaking process.

I've done the following countless times:
■Turned PS3 on and off, turned monitor on and off. Whilst off, I reconnected all cables. This was to see if the issue was HDCP handshaking.
■Used a TV to ensure that the PS3 was outputting via HDMI, and at only 1080p, 720p and 576p. My monitor should support these video signals.
■Held down the power button until a beep, to reset video settings
■Reset all settings on both the monitor and PS3

I really don't know what to do after all that. My only areas of concern is the cable; it could be interfering with HDCP... but I have no proof. I also don't have the money to experiment with lots of other cables, but would be happy buying one that I know will work.

Any thoughts on my problem? Does my monitor just hate the PS3 (or vice versa)? Or is a cheap cable the issue?

mylesw

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

I think that it most likely is the cable but I'm no expert. But really, what else could it be?

Azure Sine

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012

I ordered an Amazon branded HDMI to DVI cable, which claims to be compatible with the PS3. I'll give those a go, thanks for the reply.

Edit: Yep, the new cable worked. Hooray!