Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Asus Monitor VE247H - What are your settings?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 30, 2012 11:13:31 PM

Hey guys,

I just bought a VE247H 24" monitor for gaming and I'm not too fond of the preset display settings. The colours seem a bit off.

I'm just wondering for anyone who has this monitor, what settings are you using it on? Anybody have any tricks that make the colours truer?

Thanks in advance for the responses!
December 31, 2012 1:02:42 PM

I just returned mine because of the same reasons. The colors were off for me after calibration. If you can, I would suggest returning it and getting a better one.
m
l

Best solution

January 1, 2013 4:10:58 AM

I found adjusting the vibrance on my GPU worked wonders - but those damn blacks are still off!

I picked this guy up just today, and I'm really having reservations about it - it's washed out just like the ACERs.

Why is it so hard to find a suitable companion for my VE278Q???
(If you has the moneys, return the VE247H and get this one. Such a good monitor)

I may keep it simply because it's a secondary monitor and the washout does help with reading a bit, but I still wish to find the perfect companion for my 27".
Related resources
January 1, 2013 3:14:50 PM

canadianvice said:
I found adjusting the vibrance on my GPU worked wonders - but those damn blacks are still off!

I picked this guy up just today, and I'm really having reservations about it - it's washed out just like the ACERs.

Why is it so hard to find a suitable companion for my VE278Q???
(If you has the moneys, return the VE247H and get this one. Such a good monitor)

I may keep it simply because it's a secondary monitor and the washout does help with reading a bit, but I still wish to find the perfect companion for my 27".

Well, I fiddled with it for a bit and once you get the settings it actually looks really nice. I definitely won't be returning mine.

Here's what I have:

Scenery Mode
Brightness 30 (this thing is bright as all hell)
Contrast 85
Saturation 70
Color Temp: User Mode
Skin Tone: Natural
Smart View: OFF
Sharpness 81
Trace Free 60
Aspect Control: Full
ASCR: OFF

Personally, it looks gorgeous now and I love gaming on it. Try it out. Hopefully it'll help you as well ;) 

Happy New Years!
m
l
January 1, 2013 5:37:45 PM

One suggestion with the tracefree: it doesn't seem to alter the visual, but apparently a value of 40 comes highly recommended on this monitor to avoid any ghosting issues.

That's what I've read anyway - and by the way, while I'm still not getting true blacks, your settings recommendation goes a long way.

My issue is trying to get those pesky blacks looking as they should. Or at least matching my 27"? To quantify the difference I'm getting, it's roughly the same as exists between #FFFFFF (0,0,0) [VE278Q] and #606060 (96,96,96) [VE247H].

Also, for reference, my monitor is now on the same calibration yours is, sans trace route (I set mine to 40).
I'm starting to think it might just be a difference in the panel construction, but it's unfortunate as the specs on the monitors from the same brand are near-identical.
m
l
January 1, 2013 7:16:30 PM

I've taken your word for it and updated the trace free to 40 as well. tbh wasn't really sure what that did before just now. :p 

The blacks issue you're having is weird though. Especially if the difference really is that drastic (606060 is about half the scale away from FFFFFF, which is really intense). Maybe it's because I don't have another monitor here to compare to but my blacks definitely look okay. Are you sure you made the changes from scenery mode? Any mode other than scenery and maybe theater have absolutely horrible blacks. Apart from that I would say double check that Smart View is off. Again, not sure what it does but it makes everything looked seriously washed out....

And yeah it really would be nice to know if the panels were all constructed the same since the specs are virtually identical.
m
l
January 9, 2013 7:02:47 PM

Best answer selected by Spyder BPPC.
m
l
!