Priest Extinctionist ... this takes a loooong time

I'm playing a priest extinctionist right now (no I'm not crazy, I have the
eye of tapioca). It's taking a looooong time. I guess before I got into
this I should've realized that killing 120 each of over 200 monsters is a
LOT of killing to be done. I think I've extincted quite a few species now
though because when I cast create monster I start getting the weird and the
high level stuff.

--
~ Cyde Weys ~

Mana du vortes, mana du vortes
Aeria gloris, aeria gloris

Anyway this is the kind of thing you do once just to say you did it and
then never even think of doing it again.

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <Xns96927263B5932galopagosterrapincy@199.45.49.11>,
Cyde Weys <cyde@umd.edu> wrote:

>I'm playing a priest extinctionist right now (no I'm not crazy, I have the
>eye of tapioca). It's taking a looooong time.

I've been doing an elf ranger extinctionist for many months, and many
hundreds of thousands of turns.

"Cyde Weys" <cyde@umd.edu> writes:

> Anyway this is the kind of thing you do once just to say you did it and
> then never even think of doing it again.

Err.. what a hell is "this"?
Yeah, it's a pronoun, but what does it mean here?
Or never mind, I will forget I ever asked, anyway.

--
Jukka Lahtinen

james wrote:
> In article <Xns96927263B5932galopagosterrapincy@199.45.49.11>,
> Cyde Weys <cyde@umd.edu> wrote:
>
> >I'm playing a priest extinctionist right now (no I'm not crazy, I have the
> >eye of tapioca). It's taking a looooong time.
>

> I've been doing an elf ranger extinctionist for many months, and many
> hundreds of thousands of turns.

Ughhh ... so it looks like I'll start playing other games in the
meantime so I don't get bored out of my mind.

Or I could just give up the whole idea of Ascending an extinctionist.

You can play an extinctionist pretty fast if you let other monsters do
all the work.

1) Get two or three pet Archons and equip them with some +5 or +7 armor
(boots, shield, gloves) a blessed unicorn horn, and a strong artifact
weapon.
2) Reverse genocide and tame some purple worms. Zap them with speed
monster.
3) Go to a no-dig level (Ludios is ideal) and build a
Elbereth-protected boulder fort, wield Magicbane, then summon a master
or arch lich and let it summon monsters for your pets to kill. Cast
create monster yourself whenever you have the energy. All your
inventory will eventually get cursed, so keep your (BoH and a b?oRC in
a sack.

notarealuser@wireless.co.il wrote:
> You can play an extinctionist pretty fast if you let other monsters do
> all the work.
>
> 1) Get two or three pet Archons and equip them with some +5 or +7 armor
> (boots, shield, gloves) a blessed unicorn horn, and a strong artifact
> weapon.
> 2) Reverse genocide and tame some purple worms. Zap them with speed
> monster.
> 3) Go to a no-dig level (Ludios is ideal) and build a
> Elbereth-protected boulder fort, wield Magicbane, then summon a master
> or arch lich and let it summon monsters for your pets to kill. Cast
> create monster yourself whenever you have the energy. All your
> inventory will eventually get cursed, so keep your (BoH and a b?oRC in
> a sack.

This does sound like fun . . . Couldn't you just be naked to prevent
the cursing? Or at least keep stuff you don't want cursed on the floor?

Jukka Lahtinen wrote:
> "Cyde Weys" <cyde@umd.edu> writes:
>

>>Anyway this is the kind of thing you do once just to say you did it and
>>then never even think of doing it again.
>

> Err.. what a hell is "this"?
> Yeah, it's a pronoun, but what does it mean here?
> Or never mind, I will forget I ever asked, anyway.

Well, it still says so in the subject, and you haven't changed the
subject, so...

C'mon, no need to be "this" nitpicky...

GET IT? "THIS"?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

I know, not funny. I'll stop now.