Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Keyboard Decision, Please help

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 31, 2012 8:34:32 PM

Hi I'm getting a new keyboard for gaming (Counter Strike, Far Cry, Battlefield, etc.) and I was deciding on either the Saitek Eclipse II (PK0SU) or the Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid. The Cooler Master keyboard is a mechanical keyboard but it has no number pad. Is the fact that it is a mechanical keyboard worth the compromise of a number pad? My budget is $70 dollars. If you feel like you know a better keyboard in that price range, feel free to suggest. Thanks in advance.

Links:
Cooler Master Strom QuickFire Rapid
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Saitek Eclipse II PK0SU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : keyboard decision

Best solution

January 1, 2013 4:09:15 AM

The Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid is one of the most renowned keyboards for their affordable price at the moment so if you don't use your numpad for work or games I would highly recommend a tenkeyless Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid.

The bad thing about the blue switches is that they make a very nice beautiful sound when typing, but which people within a hearing distance might not always like.

Another thing about mechanical keyboards is that if you start to use one you can't go back to cheap rubber dome/membrane keyboards. ;) 

I recommend you buy the Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid while the great deal at newegg is in effect. :) 
January 1, 2013 3:29:01 PM

Best answer selected by binz0bang.
m
l
January 1, 2013 3:29:51 PM

Grass Peer said:
The Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid is one of the most renowned keyboards for their affordable price at the moment so if you don't use your numpad for work or games I would highly recommend a tenkeyless Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid.

The bad thing about the blue switches is that they make a very nice beautiful sound when typing, but which people within a hearing distance might not always like.

Another thing about mechanical keyboards is that if you start to use one you can't go back to cheap rubber dome/membrane keyboards. ;) 

I recommend you buy the Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid while the great deal at newegg is in effect. :) 

Thanks for the reply going to buy it now!
m
l
!