Samurai Quest

I've gotten to the Samurai quest twice this week and got creamed. What's
the strategy to beat this guy?

My first sami had ac-10 and +6 snick and was quickly defeated. The second
sami was weaker, ac-4 +3 snick, +4 silver dagger (twoweaponed) and tried
wand of sleep,
but he was quickly killed. The damage delivered by this guy is intense.

"K.V.C" <kvc627@earthlink.net> wrote in

> I've gotten to the Samurai quest twice this week and got creamed.
> What's the strategy to beat this guy?
>
> My first sami had ac-10 and +6 snick and was quickly defeated. The
> second sami was weaker, ac-4 +3 snick, +4 silver dagger (twoweaponed)
> and tried wand of sleep,
> but he was quickly killed. The damage delivered by this guy is
> intense.

I concur, you need reflection for a fighting chance. I've never had any
problems with the quest because I always have a wand of death by this point
which makes it possible to avoid any battle.

"K.V.C" <kvc627@earthlink.net> wrote:
>I've gotten to the Samurai quest twice this week and got creamed. What's
>the strategy to beat this guy?
>
>My first sami had ac-10 and +6 snick and was quickly defeated. The second
>sami was weaker, ac-4 +3 snick, +4 silver dagger (twoweaponed) and tried
>wand of sleep,
>but he was quickly killed. The damage delivered by this guy is intense.

Don't set foot in the Samurai quest without reflection; it's heaving
with high-level humans, so one of them might have a wand of death. (In
my Samurai ascension, about three or four of them did!) If you've got
reflection, them having wands of death quickly leads to you having wands
of death, which makes killing Ashikaga Takauji trivial.
illusion/kinetics controlling is love

On 15 Jul 2005 20:39:42 +0100 (BST), Martin Read
<mpread@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> "K.V.C" <kvc627@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> I've gotten to the Samurai quest twice this week and got creamed.
>> What's
>> the strategy to beat this guy?

> If you've got
> reflection, them having wands of death quickly leads to you having wands
> of death, which makes killing Ashikaga Takauji trivial.

Watch out for squeaky boards and other noise, so as to not alert
Ashikaga Takauji. You don't want him attacking you with the famous sword.
Kill him from afar.
(I think boards alert him, but I'm not sure.)

--

"Do you have stairs in your house?
Please go stand by your stairs so I can protect you."

Quoting K.V.C <kvc627@earthlink.net>:
>I've gotten to the Samurai quest twice this week and got creamed. What's
>the strategy to beat this guy?

There is a general strategy for tough quest nemeses; don't go.

No, seriously. There's no rule you have to do the quest as soon as
possible; if the benefits of your quest artifact aren't compelling
compared to the risk, keep exploring the main dungeon getting tooled up.

This is most true of Monks, who will often want to cash the Castle's
wishes before facing Master Kaen.
--
David Damerell <damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk> flcl?
Today is First Potmos, July.