atavus

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2001
I'm building a new machine, and have started pricing components. I would appreciate feedback on the components/pricing. Right now I think I am getting all of it from Mwave, except for the memory, which comes from Crucial.

Asus A7A266/1.3 gig Athlon - $311
Asus V8200 Geforce 3 - $382
Codegen Case /w 300 Watt PS $45
Plextor 32/12/10 CD-RW - $161
512 megs PC2100 - $120

I'm going to be taking this to college. I probably won't be overclocking anything, and because I will be in a dorm, I want it to be fairly quiet. I wanted to wait a little longer to build it, but unfortunately that is not an option. I already have a SB-Live Value, hard drive, and monitor. If anyone else has a better vendor, I am open to suggestions. I have an account at Mwave, and I want to order from someone reliable. Thanks.

<b>P</b>eople for the
<b>E</b>ating of
<b>T</b>asty
<b>A</b>nimals

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
you mght want to look how much a 400 watt power supply is becuase that will give you more options for upgrade in the future
proabollay isn't that much more

you also might want to look in the epoxy 8k7a it seems to be doing good

here is a good place for mother board reviews
<A HREF="http://www.amdmb.com/reviews.php" target="_new">http://www.amdmb.com/reviews.php</A>

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red> Can be a lot of fun :smile: :smile: :smile:

Spdy_Gonzales

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2001
Nice system, nice prices. The Assemble/TestBundle for $9.00 is a bargain to assure you get a working MB and CPU, and reduce the potential of having to return bad parts for an exchange.

I wonder...what is the speed of gravity?

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
if you have enough money you might want to look into a dvd so that you can pop one in and watch one if you want to

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red> Can be a lot of fun :smile: :smile: :smile:

atavus

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2001
Already have an Acer 16x DVD. Does anyone know if the onboard audio will cause problems with my sound card?

<b>P</b>eople for the
<b>E</b>ating of
<b>T</b>asty
<b>A</b>nimals

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
you should be able to dissable it very easily via a jumper or a bios setting

FatBurger

Illustrious
Is the Asus GeForce 3 the Deluxe, or the normal one?
The Deluxe is the best GeForce 3 out there...

------------------------------
Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

G

you could have those for cheaper if you look hard enough.

<font color=blue>Your Mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take effect. Restart Now? [OK]</font color=blue>