[S] Invisible Doppleganger Monk needs your help! (Spoily?)

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
July 17, 2005 1:29:35 PM

Have quite a good character going, at least for me. Since I started
playing slashem (Because I enjoy the large graphical tiles, and more
character choice), things seem to have gotten a little harder. I
rarely even make it to the first level of the mines.

My monk is level 7 or 8 at the moment, don't remember exactly, and is
quite a few levels down. Must have bypassed the mines entirely, never
saw the staircase for it. Haven't polymorphed at all, haven't needed
it.

Only problems he's run across is.. Me zapping myself with a cursed wand
of make invisible. While I was blinded, for some reason I thought this
might unblind me. Cursed of invisible, makes visible (Blind?). Silly
thought. all it did was make me permanently invisible, and therefore
unable to shop! My dog Fido got stuck behind a shopkeeper blocking the
door :/

Also, a few levels down I came across a cool looking pair of steel
boots. (In the graphical version they have spikes on the toes) Of
course, I put them on...And they turned out to be a cursed pair of
Levitation. I can't pick anything up! I can't go downstairs. How can
I get them off, or work around this? Like I said, can't shop, dont
have any water on me, holy or otherwise, or scrolls of uncursing. Not
that I could pick some up anyway.

More about : invisible doppleganger monk spoily

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 2:16:09 PM

Thanks for the advice Ben. I died shortly thereafter, but I got a
-lot- farther than I ever did before. Started on my Monks Quest :)

Had no idea what I was doing on the level, and got quickly surrounded
by Xorns and Earth elementals. The latter were quite easy, but the
Xorns hit haaaard. It was the excitement that killed me. If I stayed
back and picked them off one at a time im sure I could have pulled
through. But instead I ran about the level looking for a way in.

Fun game, found a lot of cool equipment I couldn't use since I was a
monk though. Armor, weapons and all that. Even hoarded a few Unicorn
horns. I think its time for a samurai
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 7:45:29 PM

Maxwell Armada wrote:
> Only problems he's run across is.. Me zapping myself with a cursed wand
> of make invisible. While I was blinded, for some reason I thought this
> might unblind me. Cursed of invisible, makes visible (Blind?). Silly
> thought. all it did was make me permanently invisible, and therefore
> unable to shop! My dog Fido got stuck behind a shopkeeper blocking the
> door :/

You might want to know that cursed wands act exactly like normal wands,
with one difference: It has a (relatively small) chance of exploding
when you zap it.

AFAIK, Moving away from the shopkeeper should make him stop blocking the
door, and let Fido get away.

--
____ (__)
/ \ (oo) -Zarel
|Moo. > \/
\____/
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 10:38:29 PM

> Also, a few levels down I came across a cool looking pair of steel
> boots. (In the graphical version they have spikes on the toes) Of
> course, I put them on...And they turned out to be a cursed pair of
> Levitation. I can't pick anything up! I can't go downstairs. How can
> I get them off, or work around this? Like I said, can't shop, dont
> have any water on me, holy or otherwise, or scrolls of uncursing. Not
> that I could pick some up anyway.

Well, if you don't WANT to polymorph, I can't help you. Otherwise you might try
polymorphing into something that can't wear boots, like a grid bug. Using the
#youpoly command in creature form unpolymorphs.

As to the invisibility problem, well... you need a mummy wrapping.

Greetings,
Benjamin

--
The Nethack IdleRPG! Idle to your favorite Nethack messages!
http://pallas.crash-override.net/nethackidle/

Maxwell Armada wrote:
`
> Also, a few levels down I came across a cool looking pair of steel
> boots. (In the graphical version they have spikes on the toes) Of
> course, I put them on...And they turned out to be a cursed pair of
> Levitation. I can't pick anything up! I can't go downstairs. How can
> I get them off, or work around this? Like I said, can't shop, dont
> have any water on me, holy or otherwise, or scrolls of uncursing. Not
> that I could pick some up anyway.

Always drop armour you find on an altar first, to make sure it isn't
cursed. *Never* put on cursed armour, and *never* put on unidentified
headwear (these may auto-curse when you put them on).

I believe your god may uncurse boots of levitation when you pray; while
you may also move over a sink (if you do, you sink to the floor).

--
Boudewijn.

as my signature..." - Me
July 19, 2005 6:04:30 AM

> Also, a few levels down I came across a cool looking pair of steel
> boots. (In the graphical version they have spikes on the toes) Of
> course, I put them on...And they turned out to be a cursed pair of
> Levitation. I can't pick anything up! I can't go downstairs. How can
> I get them off, or work around this? Like I said, can't shop, dont
> have any water on me, holy or otherwise, or scrolls of uncursing. Not
> that I could pick some up anyway.

I heard SOMEWHERE that sinks can help levitation if you float over them.
Correct me if I'm wrong somebody, not my nethack machine, and never had the
problem.
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 1:55:29 PM

chuck wrote:

>> Also, a few levels down I came across a cool looking pair of steel
>> boots. (In the graphical version they have spikes on the toes) Of
>> course, I put them on...And they turned out to be a cursed pair of
>> Levitation. I can't pick anything up! I can't go downstairs. How can
>> I get them off, or work around this? Like I said, can't shop, dont
>> have any water on me, holy or otherwise, or scrolls of uncursing. Not
>> that I could pick some up anyway.
>>

> I heard SOMEWHERE that sinks can help levitation if you float over them.
> Correct me if I'm wrong somebody, not my nethack machine, and never had
> the problem.

You're right. If there's a sink on level 1, *treasure it*, you never know
when you may need it.

Raisse, fell onto a sink

July 19, 2005 7:09:44 PM

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Raisse the Thaumaturge wrote:

> chuck wrote:
>

> >> Also, a few levels down I came across a cool looking pair of steel
> >> boots. (In the graphical version they have spikes on the toes) Of
> >> course, I put them on...And they turned out to be a cursed pair of
> >> Levitation. I can't pick anything up! I can't go downstairs. How can
> >> I get them off, or work around this? Like I said, can't shop, dont
> >> have any water on me, holy or otherwise, or scrolls of uncursing. Not
> >> that I could pick some up anyway.
> >>

> > I heard SOMEWHERE that sinks can help levitation if you float over them.
> > Correct me if I'm wrong somebody, not my nethack machine, and never had
> > the problem.
>
> You're right. If there's a sink on level 1, *treasure it*, you never know
> when you may need it.

Well, obviously if there is a sink at DL1 you'll find (and wear) cursed *
of levitation in the loot after clearing Sokoban zoo.
Or actually anywhere in Sokoban after finishing atleastone level.

--
Hypocoristiquement,
Jym.

Adresse mail plus valide à partir de septembre 2005.
Utiliser l'adresse de redirection permanente :
Jean-Yves.Moyen `at` ens-lyon.org
!