Can I make my Monitor stay on all the time?

I have a benq gl2450hm 24 inch monitor connected to my 7850 via dvi. however I need my monitor to be on all the time as it takes a few seconds to turn on from standby when it reiceves a siginal from my pc. this means i cannot see the bsod screen or motherboard screen or other important information which is really annoying. I cant find a setting in the menu for my monitor that stops m monitor from going into standby when there is no siginal? any ideas? thanks! :)
10 answers Last reply
More about make monitor stay time
  1. There is no such setting on the monitor. The only way to keep the monitor powered up is to have your PC always send it a signal. . .
  2. PhilFrisbie said:
    There is no such setting on the monitor. The only way to keep the monitor powered up is to have your PC always send it a signal. . .

And im guessing theres no way to do that :< guess i wont be seeing any important info next time i oc my cpu too far :(
  3. I have had the same issue, and all you need to do is hit control-alt-delete after a few seconds once or twice to see the BIOS messages. That gives your monitor time to fire up the backlight. . .
  4. Ed Hunter said:
    And im guessing theres no way to do that :< guess i wont be seeing any important info next time i oc my cpu too far :(

Just as a quick fix, turn your monitor off then on, when you turn on your computer.
  5. Quote:
    i wont be seeing any important info next time i oc my cpu too far
    http://www.dvxs.info/a11.jpghttp://www.dvxs.info/k2.jpg

Did you not read my post "Just as a quick fix, turn your monitor off then on, when you turn on your computer."

Also your link leads to a 1x1 image!!!
  6. Technoflicks said:
    Did you not read my post "Just as a quick fix, turn your monitor off then on, when you turn on your computer."

Also your link leads to a 1x1 image!!!

Thanks will do that and use ctrl alt del if it still doeseny work :)
  7. Technoflicks said:
    Just as a quick fix, turn your monitor off then on, when you turn on your computer.

Yes, that is another solution that may work.
  8. Ed Hunter said:
    Thanks will do that and use ctrl alt del if it still doeseny work :)

Best answer? :ange:
  9. Me, ME! ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Flat Panel Monitors BenQ Blue Screen DVI Monitors Motherboards Peripherals