Sign in with
Your question

Can I make my Monitor stay on all the time?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 3, 2013 3:18:49 PM

I have a benq gl2450hm 24 inch monitor connected to my 7850 via dvi. however I need my monitor to be on all the time as it takes a few seconds to turn on from standby when it reiceves a siginal from my pc. this means i cannot see the bsod screen or motherboard screen or other important information which is really annoying. I cant find a setting in the menu for my monitor that stops m monitor from going into standby when there is no siginal? any ideas? thanks! :) 

More about : make monitor stay time

a b C Monitor
January 3, 2013 7:06:08 PM

There is no such setting on the monitor. The only way to keep the monitor powered up is to have your PC always send it a signal. . .
January 3, 2013 8:51:48 PM

PhilFrisbie said:
There is no such setting on the monitor. The only way to keep the monitor powered up is to have your PC always send it a signal. . .

And im guessing theres no way to do that :< guess i wont be seeing any important info next time i oc my cpu too far :( 
Related resources
a b C Monitor
January 3, 2013 10:51:52 PM

I have had the same issue, and all you need to do is hit control-alt-delete after a few seconds once or twice to see the BIOS messages. That gives your monitor time to fire up the backlight. . .
January 4, 2013 4:19:18 AM

Ed Hunter said:
And im guessing theres no way to do that :< guess i wont be seeing any important info next time i oc my cpu too far :( 

Just as a quick fix, turn your monitor off then on, when you turn on your computer.
January 4, 2013 10:01:13 AM

Technoflicks said:
Did you not read my post "Just as a quick fix, turn your monitor off then on, when you turn on your computer."

Also your link leads to a 1x1 image!!!

Thanks will do that and use ctrl alt del if it still doeseny work :) 
a b C Monitor
January 4, 2013 5:32:09 PM

Technoflicks said:
Just as a quick fix, turn your monitor off then on, when you turn on your computer.

Yes, that is another solution that may work.
January 4, 2013 5:49:12 PM

Ed Hunter said:
Thanks will do that and use ctrl alt del if it still doeseny work :) 

Best answer? :ange: 
a b C Monitor
January 4, 2013 7:03:47 PM

Me, ME! ;) 
!