Sign in with
Your question

Headset Microphone Static

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 3, 2013 5:54:27 PM

Hey guys, I recently bought the Razer Blackshark headset and it is a great headset except for one thing.

Headset Specs: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-blackshark

I get a decently loud static from my microphone.
I use skype with my friends and they can hear it but does not bother them at all.
But when I record my audio it seemed to be louder than i expected.

Sound Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0PJLX3Uw3o

I've tried fooling around with the levels in the microphone properties and still no luck!

Need help please and thank-you!
January 4, 2013 5:07:21 PM

I watched your youtube video and in listening to your commentary I didn't hear any static. Was I supposed to ? Are all the connections with the headset tight and seated all the way in ? Sometimes it feels like the pin is all the way in but if you push harder it ends up going in some more.
Some of the feeback on Newegg was in refference to the microphone and various problems with it falling apart and the boom becoming loose.
If your having issues now with having just got it I would see if it can be RMA'd and get another before more problems come up.
m
l
January 4, 2013 5:40:43 PM

You did not hear the light buzzing/static?
I have the pins in firmly all the way and I re attached the boom mic.
I honestly think it might just be me getting annoyed from it, because my friends say its fine and it does not bother them
So i might just stick with it!
If i do get an RMA razer always uses a company that makes me pay stupid brokerage fees.
m
l
Related resources
January 4, 2013 5:56:58 PM

It sounded very clear and there was no static that I heard. Maybe if I turned up the volume I could hear it but with the normal volume I have on my headphones there was nothing.
m
l
January 4, 2013 6:00:16 PM

inzone said:
It sounded very clear and there was no static that I heard. Maybe if I turned up the volume I could hear it but with the normal volume I have on my headphones there was nothing.

Alright thanks! It must have been just me.
I do have all my volumes maxed out =P
thanks again
m
l
!