Anyone had any experience with CyberpowerPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev_stev

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
I would also like to hear an opinion- I just priced out a sandybridge i7 laptop for $800, when it was over $1100 on dell

Seems a bit too good to be true. Is the quality there?

cera66

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011

I hope this message gets to you before you buy anything from them/ They are crooks. I bought a computer in Dec 10 and now - June 11 - i still do not have a working computer after 3 - yes 3!! times they made me send the defective computer back to them at my expense - saying they did not care what i wanted and that my only option was to send the computer back to them for 'repair'. They are the most terrible company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with - nearly impossible to speak with anyone and they will never let you speak with management. They DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS AT ALL and actually threatened me - saying that I could take them to court and I would lose.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH CYBERPOWER

trogdor796

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
I have not personally had bad experience with them, but hear horrible things like the post above me all the time. I would stay away from them and stick major brands, you can find almost as good of deals if you just look around.

Hello cera66;

You're about 3 months too late. And despite your opinion they are not crooks.

Your other opinion that "They are the most terrible company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with" is shared by many people.

As for threatening you by saying you'd loose in court? One might say they were giving you good advice. They're almost certainly right.

BrotherofCats

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
I bought a $3,100+ gaming computer for working and gaming. I am a working scifi and fantasy writer and wanted something with enough muscle to run all the programs I wanted up when I am working, with a little gaming on the side. The system came and everything seemed to be ok until I finally hooked it up two days later. Then it kept asking me to authenticate windows, because the code they put in the bios was invalid. The company said the only way to resolve the situation was to send the computer back to their factory so they could reinstall the code in the bios (who thinks of these shitty solutions anyway, when they could just install it the normal way and send me the disk with the product key). It also would not recognize the hard drive I was trying to use to move stuff from my old computer to the new. I told them that if I had to ship it to them and do without the computer for two to three weeks I did not want it, and requested a refund. I also posted on several sites, including one on this one. I received a call tonight from their customer service department, who connected me with someone in their legal department, who proceeded to tell me that they didn't like my posts about their company that bordered on libel. I told him I was a writer and had a clear idea what libel was. I have determined after this veiled threat that I am going to post the hell of my complaints to save others the aggravation. I was also told by legal that the computer would not recognize my hard drive because windows wasn't authenticated. I don't know if that is true or not, but I am not in a trusting mood with this company. To me the only way they could have made the error they did with the bios was because they did not test the system they built for me before they sent it out. How else would the proper code not be in the bios? They should have noticed the same warning I keep getting. Total incompetance. Will never deal with this company again, and hope to dissuade others from buying from them as well. I guess they will stay in business, because people have been complaining about them for years and they are still selling computers. Don't deal with these people if you want a good experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.