MN-510 not connecting after SP2

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

See "MN-510 Connection failing" of Nov 11 2004 8:48PM...

I have a problem - possibly the same problem as above:
(And thanks for posting, Jake!)

My question is: Do I need to follow the instructions in
that post, particularly about uninstalling SP2, or is
there maybe an easier fix?

I have two desktop Win XP pcs wirelessly networked with
MN-500 base and MN-510 wireless adapter. All was working
fine until I installed SP2.

Note that I have experienced no unexpected issues with
the pc attached to the base and the two pcs are almost
identical, hardware-wise.

I installed SP2 (from CD) first on the pc using the base
station and everything worked fine for over two weeks.
Then I applied SP2 to the pc using the wireless adapter
and was unable to enter the WEP key. Searching MS
KnowledgeBase, I found and followed instructions per
us;827705.

The process included reinstalling networking on the pc
using wireless. When I tried that with the original
broadband CD, I got the message that the software on the
CD is incompatible with my version of Windows. (The first
install, several months ago without SP2, had run fine.)
So, I downloaded the latest version, burned it onto a CD,
and installed that.

Since then, I've been stuck on "Incorrect Security Key".
I get that whether or not I actually have WEP enabled.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist!
Bob

connected
>to your network, install SP2 again. After you install SP
>2, you will lose your network connection. Within the
>broadband utility on the second pc, run the set up
wizard
>again and put your WEP in again at that point. It took
me
>about a week to figure all this out, but tonight I am
>finally connected to my network on both computers and SP
>2 with firewalls turned on is successfully installed.
>Even though the broadband network says we don't need
>additional firewalls, what could it hurt? Good luck and
>be patient. It's great when it's working correctly.
>Jake

jake

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001

I tried it all, but the only thing that would work was
the uninstall of SP2, restart, getting the network
adapter working again, reinstall SP2, restart, then run
the adapter setup wizard through the broadband utility.
Jake

Iam having the same problems,,tryed everything and
nothing is working,,,HELP

ive tryed what was said ,,and still does not work? has
anyone figured this out yet?

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I UNinstalled SP2 and Voila - PC with wireless adapter
working again.

Created a Restore point.

Plan:
Write down all wireless settings.
Uninstall broadband networking on PC w/wireless.
Install SP2.
Install broadband networking (WITH fingers crossed!)

Will do that tomorrow (Sunday)...