[s] Jedi patch v0.4

I just finished version 0.4 of the Jedi patch.

Changes from 0.3:
* feature: added Jedi to guild level
* feature: plasteel armor, helm, gloves, boots
all have probability 0, but can be wished for.
note that plasteel helmets cover your entire head.
that means no eating, drinking, putting on or off
towels/lenses/blindfolds and no using them as
mind flayers.
* change: stormtroopers all have a complete suite of
plasteel armor
* bugfix: lighting in quest home level was wrong
* bugfix: lightsabers did not appear in engraving dialoge
sent upstream
* bugfix: charge saber tech had unexpected results, fixed

The patch is available at:
http://www.crash-override.net/patchesslashem.html
http://www.crash-override.net/uploads/media/slashem_jedi_0.4.patch

Greetings,
Benjamin
--
_ _ _ _ _
| \| |___| |_| |_ __ _ __| |__
| .` / -_) _| ' \/ _` / _| / /
|_|\_\___|\__|_||_\__,_\__|_\_\
| | (_)_ _ _ ___ __
| |__| | ' \ || \ \ /
|____|_|_||_\_,_/_\_\
Play Nethack anywhere with an x86 computer:
http://www.crash-override.net/?nethacklinux

Benjamin 'blindcoder' Schieder wrote:
> * feature: plasteel armor, helm, gloves, boots
> * change: stormtroopers all have a complete suite of
> plasteel armor

/me mentally re-runs the star wars films, but with all the
stormtroopers stark naked from ankle to waist.

*shudder*

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Benjamin 'blindcoder' Schieder wrote:
> I just finished version 0.4 of the Jedi patch.
>
> Changes from 0.3:
> * feature: added Jedi to guild level
> * feature: plasteel armor, helm, gloves, boots
> all have probability 0, but can be wished for.
> note that plasteel helmets cover your entire head.
> that means no eating, drinking, putting on or off
> towels/lenses/blindfolds and no using them as
> mind flayers.

As anything that has a bite attack, I should think.

I remember you talking about how they would originally use the
equipment of lieutenants (I believe), and I threw out the suggestion of
plasteel armor -- what about blaster rifles/thermal detonators/etc? I
mean, hell, if we're going to put Jedi in, let's go for the whole
monty! ;)

Benjamin 'blindcoder' Schieder wrote:
> I just finished version 0.4 of the Jedi patch.
>
> Changes from 0.3:
> * feature: added Jedi to guild level
> * feature: plasteel armor, helm, gloves, boots
> all have probability 0, but can be wished for.
> note that plasteel helmets cover your entire head.
> that means no eating, drinking, putting on or off
> towels/lenses/blindfolds and no using them as
> mind flayers.
> * change: stormtroopers all have a complete suite of
> plasteel armor
> * bugfix: lighting in quest home level was wrong
> * bugfix: lightsabers did not appear in engraving dialoge
> sent upstream
> * bugfix: charge saber tech had unexpected results, fixed
>
> The patch is available at:
> http://www.crash-override.net/patchesslashem.html
> http://www.crash-override.net/uploads/media/slashem_jedi_0.4.patch
>

> Greetings,
> Benjamin
> --
> _ _ _ _ _
> | \| |___| |_| |_ __ _ __| |__
> | .` / -_) _| ' \/ _` / _| / /
> |_|\_\___|\__|_||_\__,_\__|_\_\
> | | (_)_ _ _ ___ __
> Play Nethack anywhere with an x86 computer:
> http://www.crash-override.net/?nethacklinux

Well, sonofoa ....

I've been working on my own Jedi class patch off and on for a long
time, but hadn't checked the groups in several months.

>From the features list of yours, it looks like ours are extremely
different. I guess I'll go ahead and finish mine anyhow, just to see
how people react to the differences.