Need some help choosing a printer for work please

TheNewman

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
As the title says, I need some help choosing a printer for work. My boss came to me for help choosing a printer... I do all the setup when we get new computers and also help troubleshoot basic problems when they come up and I have always built my own computers so I have a fairly decent knowledge which is why I assume he came to me. However, I can't remember the last time that I have had a printer so I really don't know where to start. I'm not sure if laser or inkjet would suit us better...

We aren't a real big company, but we do a decent amount of printing. We print all of our own statements and also invoices monthly (probably 300 each month) as well as signage and a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff. At the most, we probably go through about a box (10 reams) of paper per month. Besides printing the only other function that is a must is facsimile. Having a scanner is nice and also having ports on the front (usb and memory cards) would be nice but are not necessity. Efficiency and reliability are most important, ppm or speed is of no importance to us - all of our stuff is done ahead of time.

Currently we have a HP Officejet Pro L7680 that is literally falling apart, but it still works. Sometimes you have to coax it to just print one page and other times it works great with no hassle, needless to say its time for a new one. We would like to spend around $200 or less but I'm not sure if we can get what were looking for on that budget.

I think I have supplied all the information needed, but if not please let me know. Any and all suggestions are appreciated - Thanks!

Solution
What you may be able to do is lease a printer that comes with a service plan.
I worked in a small office 10 to 12 people and we had a Konica network printer , scanner that we leased/purchased. We also went through about a case of paper per month , however it may not be in your budget for this type of set up.

I would recomend a laser printer because it's faster and you get more out of a toner cartridge then you do from ink cartridges.
What you may be able to do is lease a printer that comes with a service plan.
I worked in a small office 10 to 12 people and we had a Konica network printer , scanner that we leased/purchased. We also went through about a case of paper per month , however it may not be in your budget for this type of set up.

I would recomend a laser printer because it's faster and you get more out of a toner cartridge then you do from ink cartridges.

Solution
The Konica model we had was really very good and had so many features that made it a great printer to have. I don't know if you do double sided but this printer could do a lot. Maybe the have a smaller model that would fit in your office.

http://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/wps/portal/web/home/products/printers/bizhub/bizhub-20/bizhub%2020/!ut/p/b1/hZBJcsIwEEXPkgOAWpIHeWlHBDw1NpIC9oaCjGBIsnAltk8fSCULIEDvuur9rveblKSg4DEONnU9MiPl2-Jz9bKoV-9vi81-L535SGbgBdQHMMqG0NMhxGIIFjo7oDgARD6AMDN-nPoWB8EP82MncHZ5qTFSCLc5kCkp5O8RODM-XDtyJHEKXCkRkXK13Pa_HrZ96FPGqWV7XHAmuHCcnWJ5SSDO-DHwzxd-gEsNL3YcUlLsAPdcCT8GoskMrLlatx9hV3WTtZt_KRmlKFVD5X1Sr-UMTdWpekzV4AOhMzTVUVibJtGGJroeZY_3ExP4QTrKzOPhU4TLwHNtRjmnniDTW4Kj9-3TsdU4zffaEQbjSLOhpidW0KCqrAarqgVgoOQsR30XYR2hlnkH0nR6jTGaTYLyoUVc_lm9cidIDq0ccAVYggGn3OYWI9MB2ZabpF311GTwjM9oLXqFf_MNDNBgbw!!/dl4/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/