Transfer fromclickfree to laptop

veravera

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013

How do I transfer all my saved info from a clickfree automatic backup on windows xp to a lap top running windows 7.
I am a complete novice. Need step by step instructions please

veravera

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Clickfree is an external hard drive I purchased which reminds me to back up everything on my computer every 8 days. Now I need to transfer it to a lap top as tower pc is well passed its best and unrealiable

Hi :)

You can transfer the data, but not the operating system...

You will have to buy that...

All the best Brett :)

Was the data backed up to the external drive using the backup utility in XP?

Clickfree Automatic Back-up HDDs were semi-popular last year around this time and slowly died off. Their catch phrase was the ability to auto backup like the OP mentioned.

@OP:

There are tutorial videos on Clickfree's website, found HERE , that you can use to become familiar with the process itself. If you used the Clickfree application for the backups (which it sounds like you did) there should be a restore option and you will simply need to install the Clickfree software on the Windows 7 computer.

G

Ahh I see, it uses its own backup application.

I thought he might be having issues restoring an XP backup with the Windows 7 utility.

Ahh I see, it uses its own backup application.

I thought he might be having issues restoring an XP backup with the Windows 7 utility.

That actually was the semi-downfall source of those particular drives. You could use them as a simple external storage option but it was hard to get control away from the application itself to allow for it. Somehow the application is written into the controller for the drive itself in the enclosure. Only one I've seen like that in a long time.

TRENDING THREADS