Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Transfer fromclickfree to laptop

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
January 23, 2013 2:10:35 PM

how doI transfer
a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 23, 2013 2:47:19 PM

Be a little more verbal please and explain you problem.
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a c 249 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 23, 2013 4:50:04 PM

??
m
0
l
Related resources
January 25, 2013 7:55:37 PM

veravera said:
how doI transfer

How do I transfer all my saved info from a clickfree automatic backup on windows xp to a lap top running windows 7.
I am a complete novice. Need step by step instructions please
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a c 249 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 25, 2013 8:06:02 PM

veravera said:
How do I transfer all my saved info from a clickfree automatic backup on windows xp to a lap top running windows 7.
I am a complete novice. Need step by step instructions please



Hi :) 

And WHAT is "Clickfree" ?

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
January 25, 2013 8:37:52 PM

Clickfree is an external hard drive I purchased which reminds me to back up everything on my computer every 8 days. Now I need to transfer it to a lap top as tower pc is well passed its best and unrealiable
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a c 249 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 25, 2013 8:39:39 PM

veravera said:
Clickfree is an external hard drive I purchased which reminds me to back up everything on my computer every 8 days. Now I need to transfer it to a lap top as tower pc is well passed its best and unrealiable



Hi :) 

You can transfer the data, but not the operating system...

You will have to buy that...

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 25, 2013 11:22:53 PM

Was the data backed up to the external drive using the backup utility in XP?
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 25, 2013 11:28:39 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

You can transfer the data, but not the operating system...

You will have to buy that...

All the best Brett :) 


Quote:
Was the data backed up to the external drive using the backup utility in XP?


Clickfree Automatic Back-up HDDs were semi-popular last year around this time and slowly died off. Their catch phrase was the ability to auto backup like the OP mentioned.

@OP:

There are tutorial videos on Clickfree's website, found HERE , that you can use to become familiar with the process itself. If you used the Clickfree application for the backups (which it sounds like you did) there should be a restore option and you will simply need to install the Clickfree software on the Windows 7 computer.
m
0
l
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 25, 2013 11:36:02 PM

Ahh I see, it uses its own backup application.

I thought he might be having issues restoring an XP backup with the Windows 7 utility.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 25, 2013 11:41:41 PM

Quote:
Ahh I see, it uses its own backup application.

I thought he might be having issues restoring an XP backup with the Windows 7 utility.


That actually was the semi-downfall source of those particular drives. You could use them as a simple external storage option but it was hard to get control away from the application itself to allow for it. Somehow the application is written into the controller for the drive itself in the enclosure. Only one I've seen like that in a long time.
m
0
l
!