Sign in with
Your question

Another PFN_LIST CORRUPT thread

Last response: in Windows 7
January 23, 2013 2:36:09 PM

Hello there. A lot of people suggested trying this site to find an answer. I know there are a lot of posts about this issue, but I couldn't find my solution in them. Sorry in advanced.

I read a lot of threads about this BSOD and they all seem to point to 2 things: faulty RAM or drivers. The odd thing is, maybe once out of every 10 BSOD's it will say MEMORY_MANAGEMENT instead of the PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. I am in the process of burning a disk for the memtest, but the standard windows one claims the RAM is fine. When I run driver verfier, it fails and has to restore to boot the PC up, making me thing it's a driver. However, I've had this issue in the past and couldn't find a solution, so I nuked it and started over. The fact that the issue persisted through that makes me think RAM again. I have done everything that I know to do (other than the memtest, which I will do today). Any suggestions on how to locate the bad driver, if that is what's causing it? The BSOD seems random to me. Idle, during games, browsing, etc.

Thanks for any help!
January 23, 2013 9:07:21 PM

I just finished the memtest and everything passed. This should indicate that it's a driver issue, but I'm clueless as to how to locate the bad driver. I've made sure everything that I can think of is up to date. Ideas? Anyone?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 23, 2013 9:10:26 PM

Jealousmango said:
Hello there. A lot of people suggested trying this site to find an answer. I know there are a lot of posts about this issue, but I couldn't find my solution in them. Sorry in advanced.

I read a lot of threads about this BSOD and they all seem to point to 2 things: faulty RAM or drivers. The odd thing is, maybe once out of every 10 BSOD's it will say MEMORY_MANAGEMENT instead of the PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. I am in the process of burning a disk for the memtest, but the standard windows one claims the RAM is fine. When I run driver verfier, it fails and has to restore to boot the PC up, making me thing it's a driver. However, I've had this issue in the past and couldn't find a solution, so I nuked it and started over. The fact that the issue persisted through that makes me think RAM again. I have done everything that I know to do (other than the memtest, which I will do today). Any suggestions on how to locate the bad driver, if that is what's causing it? The BSOD seems random to me. Idle, during games, browsing, etc.

Thanks for any help!

What is the make/model # of your computer?

You can use either CPU-Z or Speccy to take the guess work out for you.

If it's a custom build, is your copy of Windows legit? This could definitely be the source of all your evils if not.
m
l
Related resources
January 23, 2013 10:03:35 PM

It's a custom build, and the Windows copy is legit.
m
l
February 18, 2013 2:07:14 PM

This is still happening. I most recently tried switching the ram to the other two slots, but to no avail. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
m
l
!