amd/intel who gives a stuff

mark_h

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001
wot is wrong with you lot???
surely its all down to personal taste,does it really matter at the speeds these cpu's run who makes them
as far as i can see if there was no competion between manufacturs we would all still be using 133 cpu's

be a pretty boreing then!!

i may be pretty new here but some people on this forum need to get a life (or just piss off)

sorry to the 95% of intelligent posters

G

i chose amd for one reason--price.

<font color=blue>Your Mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take effect. Restart Now? [OK]</font color=blue>

G

as far as i can see if there was no competion between manufacturs we would all still be using 133 cpu's
nope.

newer apps,programs, and games just wouldnt run.

<font color=blue>Your Mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take effect. Restart Now? [OK]</font color=blue>

bhc

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2001
I totally agree with you that healthy competition will give consumers the best bargain and keep the innovation going. And a lot of debates on AMD-vs-Intel seem frivolous.

However, you have to understand many frequent posters of this board are PC enthusiasts, whose passion is to build the best PC with least amount of money. It is only natural that they will debate about the fine point of CPU performance and so on. Then, there are inevitably a few trolls posting here, whose sole enjoyment of life seems to be starting flame wars. Fortunately, you can spot them very quickly. If you learn to ignore them and pay attention only to serious discussions, you will find this board is a good place for news and info about PC.

**Spin all you want, but we the paying consumers will have the final word**