[S] Monster damage immunity

Does anyone have a spoiler on monsters being immune to damage from
insufficiently enchanted sources (eg. needs a +2 or better weapon to
damage it)? I'm playing as a monk, and I could have sworn that the
enchantment on my gloves counted for my unarmed attack, but it doesn't
seem to be working always.

-RdF

"roidesfoux" <roidesfoux@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1122084603.308767.36720
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Does anyone have a spoiler on monsters being immune to damage from
> insufficiently enchanted sources (eg. needs a +2 or better weapon to
> damage it)? I'm playing as a monk, and I could have sworn that the
> enchantment on my gloves counted for my unarmed attack, but it doesn't
> seem to be working always.
>
> -RdF

Hi, just adding to the noise. I don't think that Slash'Em has any
definitive, relevant and recent spoilers like steelypips or Dylan's site.

roidesfoux wrote:
> Does anyone have a spoiler on monsters being immune to damage from
> insufficiently enchanted sources (eg. needs a +2 or better weapon to
> damage it)? I'm playing as a monk, and I could have sworn that the
> enchantment on my gloves counted for my unarmed attack, but it doesn't
> seem to be working always.

Use my Slashem bestiary:
http://slashem.crash-override.net/bestiary/

Greetings,
Benjamin

--
The Nethack IdleRPG! Idle to your favorite Nethack messages!
http://pallas.crash-override.net/nethackidle/

> Hi, just adding to the noise. I don't think that Slash'Em has any
> definitive, relevant and recent spoilers like steelypips or Dylan's site.

Searching on Google for "slashem sokoban spoiler" the first result is this:
http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~eva/slashem/

A nice spoiler collection by Eva Myers.

Greetings,
Benjamin

--
Benjamin 'blindCoder' Schieder
Registered Linux User #289529: http://counter.li.org

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, Haakon Studebaker wrote:

> "roidesfoux" <roidesfoux@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1122084603.308767.36720
> @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Does anyone have a spoiler on monsters being immune to damage from
> > insufficiently enchanted sources (eg. needs a +2 or better weapon to
> > damage it)? I'm playing as a monk, and I could have sworn that the
> > enchantment on my gloves counted for my unarmed attack, but it doesn't
> > seem to be working always.
> >
> > -RdF
> >

> Hi, just adding to the noise. I don't think that Slash'Em has any
> definitive, relevant and recent spoilers like steelypips or Dylan's site.

Alas... Eva's page on differences between slash'em and nethack has a lot
of really good information but not always up to date (see the list of
techniques or even the collected items/monster table). And it's not
organized as well as Dylan's spoilers. Fortunately, most of the nethack
spoilers also apply to slash'em. Stuuf I'll need the most would be the
description of the new spells (since new potions, wands of rings are
described well enough on Eva's page) and a complete monster manual.

Concerning the OP, I've played a lot of monks in slash'em (ascended one
(*)) and never noticed big troubles when hitting monsters in my normal
form (crystal golems just seem to be unable to affect Vecna, which is a
shame). Could you be more precise about the kind of monster(s) you have
trouble with ?

(*) and completed another, if only I had thought ahead how to kill the
big-D (sorry).

--
Hypocoristiquement,
Jym.

Adresse mail plus valide à partir de septembre 2005.
Utiliser l'adresse de redirection permanente :
Jean-Yves.Moyen `at` ens-lyon.org

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005, Benjamin Schieder wrote:

> roidesfoux wrote:
> > Does anyone have a spoiler on monsters being immune to damage from
> > insufficiently enchanted sources (eg. needs a +2 or better weapon to
> > damage it)? I'm playing as a monk, and I could have sworn that the
> > enchantment on my gloves counted for my unarmed attack, but it doesn't
> > seem to be working always.
>
> Use my Slashem bestiary:
> http://slashem.crash-override.net/bestiary/

Wow ! Great.
Now I have one more permanently opened page in my browser... (yeah, maybe
I should use more bookmarks, especially during periods where i'm not
playing nethack/slash'em).
[I'm currently on Battle for Wesnoth (www.wesnoth.org), a nice turn-based
MedFan wargame]

--

"roidesfoux" <roidesfoux@yahoo.com> writes:

> Does anyone have a spoiler on monsters being immune to damage from
> insufficiently enchanted sources (eg. needs a +2 or better weapon to
> damage it)? I'm playing as a monk, and I could have sworn that the
> enchantment on my gloves counted for my unarmed attack, but it doesn't
> seem to be working always.

I believe that unarmed attacks are treated as though you were wielding
a weapon with enchantment (your level / 4). E.g. if the monster needs
a +2 or better weapon to damage it, you'll be able to damage it once
you reach level 8. Vecna needs a +4 weapon or a level 16 unarmed
attack to damage him - I believe that this is the highest enchantment
required.
Eva.

--
Eva Myers, Computer Officer, Statistical Laboratory, University of Cambridge
Email: erm1001@cam.ac.uk WWW: http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~eva/

> I believe that unarmed attacks are treated as though you were wielding
> a weapon with enchantment (your level / 4). E.g. if the monster needs
> a +2 or better weapon to damage it, you'll be able to damage it once
> you reach level 8. Vecna needs a +4 weapon or a level 16 unarmed
> attack to damage him - I believe that this is the highest enchantment
> required.
> Eva.

That makes sense, because I'm pretty sure that I wasn't able to harm a
vampire lord in the Gnomish Mines when I was level 10-11, but I could
damage them later when I was level 13, and I was wearing the same
gloves both times.
Thanks!

-RdF