Intel fans are goofy

G

I am not the greatest and understanding all the hardware features of either the Athlon or the p4. I've noticed that AMD fans point out benchmarks to favor the Athlon. p4 fans point out the features of the p4 in favor of Intel. This is so funny. You can put all the features you wan't on a processor, but benchmarks are the real truth-tellers. Benchmarks everyone, benchmarks. I have tried to get the benchmark thing through intel fanatics heads, but they are just way too stubborn to realize the Athlon is currently faster at most things. They keep pointing out these nifty little features on the p4 such as the extra long pipeline. What does it do, I don't know, but benchmarks clearly indicate the Athlon is faster at most things. The Intel user says, "Ooooh, but what about this feature on the p4, isn't it cool? It makes the p4 fast." Well, guess what, the Athlon is faster. I any intel fans try to e-mail me saying the p4 is faster or can kick the athlons butt, I say to them, look at the benchmark, the truth-teller. Not some fancy little feature on the p4.

Thats a fair enough point, but Intel chipsets are more stable. Your effectively saying,
"My car is better because it is faster"

But without good brakes your car will crash. Speed isn't everything, if the system won't run efficiently.

<b>
"Now drop your weapons or I'll kill him with this deadly jelly baby." :wink:
</b>

G

That's true. But I havent had any hardware-related problems with my computer. It's been very stable. The only crashes I have had have to do with bugs in the software itself. Maybe I was just lucky and got a nice, stable athlon system. This is my first computer so I have no basis for comparison. I was already biased towards AMD when I bought my computer, but the amd system I bought was a heck of a lot cheaper than the Intel systems I looked at. I guess different processor are better for different things. I am a hardcore gamer myself. That is where the Athlon excells. As far as Internet-based apps go, the P4 is better. I might be missing some things that the P4 is better at, but oh well.

ya it also really depends on what you do. WIth what you do go with that benchmark. Say you play games and use office2000... go with those two type of benchmarks ya know? an idea might be to even average the benchmark scores that concern you and then chose your processor. Ya know? Intel and AMD chips are both very good. Just for me personaly, i don't like intels additude.

Microsoft = Intel = Nvidia.. well it's true.