Sign in with
Your question

Help i messed my pc up

Last response: in Windows 7
January 23, 2013 5:24:08 PM

i have a hp 2000 laptop with a reinstall windows 7 after awile it started to run slow so i started to unistall and delete junk. accidently deleted wireless driver and windows installer. i still have the windows 7 re installer but cant open it cus of installer is gone or even access the internet .how can i remove all completely and re instill windows 7.cus alot of windows stuff is gone. thanks

More about : messed

a b $ Windows 7
January 23, 2013 5:34:51 PM

Hi. Have you tried a system restore. Press F8 at start and select safe mode. Go to start /programs/ system tools and restore computer to an earlier time
m
l
January 23, 2013 5:42:04 PM

Yep, try and restore it. If that doesn't work, you may have to back up your files and reinstall again.
m
l
Related resources
January 23, 2013 6:01:55 PM

mibix19 said:
Hi. Have you tried a system restore. Press F8 at start and select safe mode. Go to start /programs/ system tools and restore computer to an earlier time

thanks for reply back i tryied to restore earlier time in start menu but error code comes up will not allow to restore.im not computer smart how do i delete every thing and reinstall windows 7 does.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 23, 2013 6:43:56 PM

As the OLD saying goes - a day late and a dollar short - or Hindsight is much better than foresight. BUT to prevent this in the future is so simple a cave man can do it and do it in 15 Min!

If you had gone to control panel, backup. On the left side pane selected create a system image. You do this after a Install, all drivers loaded and all programs loaded, I normally place this image on an external HDD. Then when your caught in this boat. You pop in the bootable DVD (You will be prompted to create after he image file is written) - 15 MINUTES LATER, reboot and system is exactly as it was when you created the Image.

If you can correct your BOO-BOO (we all do these on occasions) then please do the above.
m
l
January 23, 2013 11:04:39 PM

RetiredChief said:
As the OLD saying goes - a day late and a dollar short - or Hindsight is much better than foresight. BUT to prevent this in the future is so simple a cave man can do it and do it in 15 Min!

If you had gone to control panel, backup. On the left side pane selected create a system image. You do this after a Install, all drivers loaded and all programs loaded, I normally place this image on an external HDD. Then when your caught in this boat. You pop in the bootable DVD (You will be prompted to create after he image file is written) - 15 MINUTES LATER, reboot and system is exactly as it was when you created the Image.

If you can correct your BOO-BOO (we all do these on occasions) then please do the above.

thank you so much for your help i did re install windows 7 and a netgear wg111 adaptor still says no connection why is that
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 23, 2013 11:39:05 PM

rdnk24 said:
i have a hp 2000 laptop with a reinstall windows 7 after awile it started to run slow so i started to unistall and delete junk. accidently deleted wireless driver and windows installer. i still have the windows 7 re installer but cant open it cus of installer is gone or even access the internet .how can i remove all completely and re instill windows 7.cus alot of windows stuff is gone. thanks

I was going to also mention that most HPs (depending on its age), since it's got Windows 7, may have the factory restore partition intact and you can do a restore from there by pressing either ESC or F11 when the computer is booting up.

I would recommend creating an image of your system after you get everything like you want it like RetiredChief suggested.
m
l
!