Big AMD vs. Intel poll...

ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Vote and see results herehere (about 3/4 the way down): <A HREF="http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/zd/20010629/tc/dell_quizzes_customers_on_amd-based_pc_1.html" target="_new">http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/zd/20010629/tc/dell_quizzes_customers_on_amd-based_pc_1.html</A>

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

327goat

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2001
Hmm, and I thought the majority of ZDnet readers would be intel.

<font color=red> To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism, to steal ideas from many is research.</font color=red>

Makaveli

Splendid
what do u mean highly doubt that, U think it was altered somehow and for what purpose?
I'm not surprised to see AMD being the favourite cpu for most People. Right now AMD can't be beat for price/Performance ratio, And U'd have to be a fool not to see a good deal when it's right infront of you.

G

I'm totally for AMD myself whereas I used to be for Intel. AMD took a chance and it's REALLY payed off for them. They've slowly become very very dominant.

Woo Hoo! :)

Bill Martin

<A HREF="http://How To Build Your Own Home PC for Under $700" target="_new">http://www.skeeterlouis.com/home/</A>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
yeah.
kick ass computational power for only $370 australian. (1200 C)
gotta love good competition.

a year back i would be hard pressed to find a cellery @ 66fsb for that. yeech.

My Hamster doesnt like sarcasm. He may very well bite you in your hard to reach places!

G

Hey no need to get your panties in a bunch, i merely was surprised to see AMD have 3/4 of the votes. I just bought a duron 750 for $25 and it is a HUUUUGE step from my celeron, so i too am an AMD user, i was merely surprised.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Who here is going to buy a Dell at all ????

-Nope that whats i thought. Then who the hell care's. Just trying to start another flaming war.

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hey i wasnt...
i was meerly commenting on the comments others say... when then end result is that each person chooses for diff reasons.

but my hamster is a different story ;)

My Hamster doesnt like sarcasm. He may very well bite you in your hard to reach places!

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
in my opinion, and from experience AMD offers a far superior product, and it just happens to be considerably cheaper.
As I go to lan parties now I find fewer, and fewer gamers with intel chips, and the ones I do find with an "Intel inside" arn't happy with speed and are buying AMD as soon as they get the money.
*grin* AMD makes me so happy I can't wait for nforce chipset

dhlucke

Polypheme
I think picking up 30% marketshare that fast is pretty good though. Add to that the competition that is leading to low prices and everyone is a winner...

If intel had their way they'd still be releasing their new processors at $1500 each.

<font color=red>Yeah, I took a crap on your lawn. Whatcha gonna do about it?</font color=red>

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<font color=blue>"What do they dominate??? A Poll?? If you look at market share they don't really dominate."</font color=blue>

It is the DIRECTION that the marketshare is moving in that is significant. In the past year AMD has made significant gains in marketshare (translation: Intel has lost marketshare). Now, with the introduction of the mobile A4 and MP A4, AMD will capture even more of the marketshare. Each mobile A4 sold means one less Intel sold. AMD's marketshare will only go up. Simple math is needed to see this, nothing more.

Glad to see your parents have ungrounded you from the computer.

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

G

BAH!!! you puppies are so messed up. Well you newbies go buy your Dell's and Gateway. I guess the people must own a OEM pc. AMD newbies puppies.

! Member of the Intel Triple Threat w/ Fugger and AMDmeltdown !

dan_gao86

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2001
hmmmm...
flames again!!!
this is already the 3rd thread flaming here and there about whether intel is better or amd is better in the forums!!!
well, bowser, if you say intel is better or has whatever good points, why don't you just show us some links to convince us, instead of calling everyone AMD Puppies or whatever...
no offense, just stating my thoughts...
=)

I WoNdEr HoW, I WoNdEr WhY, I WoNdEr WhErE ThEy ArE, ThE AMD... We OvErCloCked ToGeThEr, Oh YeAh...

FatBurger

Illustrious
Well you newbies go buy your Dell's and Gateway
Wait...currently, Dell is only Intel. So who are the newbies? And as for Gateway...well, they're mostly Intel.

------------------------------
Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
You can't get a dell/amd...geez man, pull your head outa ur crack before u post here.

I'm not in touch with my feeings, and I like it that way!