R.A.T. 5 Issue.

alzura

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
Hey all, on new years eve I bought a R.A.T. 5 mouse, because i have nothing better to do with my new year.

Recently the mouse has decided it wants to drift everywhere, sometimes not so much, but eventually it does it to a large extent which just winds me up. I've meticulously cleaned the sensor on the mouse by making contact with it via a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol (as per the recommendation by the manufacturer)

My question is if i should just ask for an outright refund, a replacement rat, OR:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/razer-deathadder-respawn-optical-gaming-mouse-06874851-pdt.html

(Razer Deathadder)

The max DPI of the deathadder is far lower than the DPI of the rat, (3500 vs 6400), would this make any noticable difference in gaming?

Also is the build quality any better than the rat? I've heard conflicting opinions about Razer, one being they're the Apple of peripherals, another being their quality is outstanding, etc etc.

Also as an added side note, my rat mouse has managed to drift to the lower right of the screen just from the mild vibrations coming from my typing.

Thanks!

I have always gone with as high a dpi as possible thinking it will be good for gaming and found that I end up lowering the dpi during gameplay for better coontrol. So in some cases faster is not necessarily better.
Razer makes great mice and have been using them for years.

alzura

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012

Honestly I find myself doing much the same in TF2. In RTS games it's great though I guess.

Speaking of Razer, may I ask if you've used a Razer keyboard to accompany your mice? I'm in the market for a new keyboard and I was thinking of going mechanical.

Thanks!

Razer is known for great mice and not so great keyboards. They look nice when they are new but after a while they get dirty and are viryualy impossible to clean. The keys have a sort of sft coating on them unlike regular keys that have a hard plastic. I've had Razer keyboards and won't go back to them.
Currently I'm using the Corsair K60. But for gaming I use the Razer Nostromo speed pad and the keys are different and not the same soft material.