Sensei-like mouse

vwj

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
I'm looking for a new gaming mouse. I'm currently using the Logitech G500 and although I could go on and on about the little things about the G500 that bother me, the main reason why I'm looking for a new mouse is because I find it becomes uncomfortable for me after long gaming sessions.

One day while randomly going through my closet I found an old basic 3 button optical MS mouse. Immediately I found the basic ambidextrous shape very comfortable (I've medium size hands and palm gripper), so I went and bought the Steelseries Sensei. I like almost everything about the Sensei, but the biggest drawback for me is the lack of buttons. Maybe it's because I came from the G500 or maybe I'm just not used to the Sensei yet, but I find the 2 opposite thumb buttons on the Sensei difficult to press with my ring/pinky finger.

Are there any mice that are similarly shaped like the Sensei, but has more right-hand friendly buttons? I'm looking for a mouse that has 6 or more programmable buttons.

I'm pretty sure that mouse is designed so that you only use one set of thumb buttons. They put them on each side so that left handed users also have a set of buttons that are useable.

Do you feel you need more than 2 thumb buttons? If so, you may find yourself stuck with Logitech, or one of the MMO mice that some companies make with 9-12 buttons on the side, which I find hard to use personally.

vwj

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
I thought about those MMO mice, but never really considered them since I don't play MMOs anymore. The only MMO that I play is GW2 and that game doesn't have 30 skill abilities like other MMOs do.

Honestly, I think I could live with just 2 thumb buttons. My very first 'gaming' mouse was a logitech MX500 and it only had 2 thumb buttons but it served me well through my WoW years. I think I've just been a little spoiled from the G500 and its extra buttons. But comfort is first and foremost in what I'm looking for in a mouse right now. Second would features and senor quality.