Difference between these two keyboards?

nmwido

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
Hello.
I'm planning to get a new Razer gaming keyboard soon, and I've decided on the Blackwidow.

I'm stuck though on either the Blackwidow 2013 or Blackwidow Ultimate 2013.

There's a $40 difference between the two, and I'm not sure what that's for.

Solution
I'm sure it's for some added features.
I would like to caution you how eber on Razer keyboards. They look really nice and have some great features an they have nice lighted keys. They are however hard to clean and there is a coating on the keys that give them a soft feel but I t5hink it's this coating that's the problem.
If they would do away with this coating I would go back to Razer keyboards. I don't know what the purpose is of this coating but it really interfers with cleaning and it can easily wear off.
I'm sure it's for some added features.
I would like to caution you how eber on Razer keyboards. They look really nice and have some great features an they have nice lighted keys. They are however hard to clean and there is a coating on the keys that give them a soft feel but I t5hink it's this coating that's the problem.
If they would do away with this coating I would go back to Razer keyboards. I don't know what the purpose is of this coating but it really interfers with cleaning and it can easily wear off.

Solution

nmwido

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
Thank you for that.
I've also read somewhere that Razer products tend to break a lot, but I don't know - I've owned one of their mouses before and it worked great for me. :lol:

Razer makes great mice and I have always used them , but when I tried the Razor Lycos keyboard that's where I decided to use a different brand. I din't have any issues with things falling apart and the mice have and are great to use but keep the keyboards.

This is the specs for the Black Widow Ultimate.

Full mechanical keys with 50g actuation force
Individually backlit keys
1000Hz Ultrapolling / 1ms response time
Programmable keys with on-the-fly macro recording
Gaming mode option for deactivation of the Windows key
Unlimited customizable profiles
5 additional macro keys
Gaming optimized key matrix for minimized ghosting
Multi-Media Controls
Braided fibre cable
Audio-Out / Mic-In Jacks
USB-Passthrough
This is the specs for the Black Widow.

Full mechanical keys with 50g actuation force
1000Hz Ultrapolling
Fully programmable keys with on-the-fly macro recording
10 key rollover anti-ghosting
Razer Synapse 2.0 enabled
Unlimited customizable profiles
Gaming mode option
5 additional dedicated macro keys
Audio-out/mic-in jacks
USB passthrough
Braided fiber cable

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-blackwidow-ultimate-stealth-2013/

To make it even more confusing there appears to be 6 versions of the Black Widow keyboard.

Black Widow
Black Widow Ultimate
Black Widw Tournament Edition
Black Widow Srealth
Black Widow Ultimate Stealth
Black Widow Stealth Tournament Edition

You'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure out what the differences are between them.