Redirect Virus?

andyvet32

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Hello,
I have run hitman pro 3.7 and I found one virus. I still get redirected by a white S in a blue box. It is usually some advertising or a crappy website. I have windows :fou: Security and have run scans with no threat. Any Ideas of what I can do? Thanks.

Solution

andyvet32

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Solution
if its redirecting you something edited your host files most likely. so like when you type Google.com etc it just links you to another site.

fun trick to play on other people tho

i would remove the windows security since its horrible and try avg or avast and rescan in safe mode etc

I would recommend that you never use any security product downloaded free from the internet.
I recommend that you use only a professional, all in on security system, that updates automatically, all day long.
I would recommend that you never install mismatched security programs, which cause system conflicts.
I would say that if you are using "free" security, your computer is largely UN- protected, and the security is full of holes.

I would say also, that the majority of infected computers, that I repair, have these "free" security programs installed. AND that these "free" programs did little or nothing to protect the computer.