I am receiving a "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
None of my USB ports are working. I have tried to update driers, and modify the registry, but nothing seems to work. I don't have a way to get the information off my system, as none of the ports work, so I can't reset the machine to factory settings. Please help
Do the following:
1. Go into Device Manager (however it is you get there)
2. Expand Universal Serial Bus Adapters category
3. Right click each of the USB Root Hubs (one at a time mind you)
4. After right clicking, choose uninstall. The computer will think for a minute and it may prompt you to reboot. DO NOT reboot until you've removed all of them.
5. Once you have all of them removed, reboot the computer.
6. After the reboot, Windows should rebuild all the USB Root Hub drivers so it may take a minute. It is also best that nothing is plugged into those ports for the time being.
Once the process is finished, go ahead and try your device again.