Quick stupid question?

Sometimes when I try to move onto the square that my pet is on, it says
"you displaced pet", other times it says "you stop, pet is in the way."

What controls when I displace, and when I don't?

bcr666 wrote:
> Sometimes when I try to move onto the square that my pet is on, it says
> "you displaced pet", other times it says "you stop, pet is in the way."
>
> What controls when I displace, and when I don't?

Most of the time, it's entirely random- I'm pretty sure there's nothing
you can do to affect the chances of it happening. (although using a
leash *may* have some effect.)

However, you cannot ever displace a pet from a shop doorway.

dogscoff@eudoramail.com wrote:

> However, you cannot ever displace a pet from a shop doorway.

Or indeed inside a shop, it seems.

Raisse, killed by a kitten called Poes

dogscoff@eudoramail.com wrote:
> bcr666 wrote:

>> Sometimes when I try to move onto the square that my pet is on, it
>> says "you displaced pet", other times it says "you stop, pet is in
>> the way."

>> What controls when I displace, and when I don't?

> Most of the time, it's entirely random- I'm pretty sure there's
> nothing you can do to affect the chances of it happening. (although
> using a leash *may* have some effect.)

You can benefit more from displacement than most of us do. Once a
monster manages to hit you, it knows where you are. Therefore, if
possible, you should move to another square immediately when you get
hit, so it has to guess once more where you are.

> However, you cannot ever displace a pet from a shop doorway.

You cannot displace it from *any* shop square.

You can displace it into a shop doorway, however, if it starts outside.
It's the best way to get a pet into a store that's not at the end of a
corridor but next to a town square or street.

--
Boudewijn.

as my signature..." - Me