RFC: Amulet and teleport

While ascending thru "Hell", the Amulet of Yendor randomly teleports the
user back down levels. After leaving the Valley of the Dead, why
shouldn't the Amulet randomly transport you UP levels?

On a theoretical note, if we considet the Amulet to be attracted to the
pole of "evil" while still within the domain of "evil", should not the
amulet also be attracted to "good" with equal probability while within
the domain of "good"?

This would have possible interesting effects on gameplay:
1. climbing the stairs to level X -- where your stash exists -- only to
find yourself on level X+1. Attempts to go back down to your stash
possibly prevented by the mood of the RNG.
2. entering the Planes from level 2 or 3.
3. Traversing Medusa's level a couple of times.
etc.

Thoughts?

Gary Olson wrote:

> While ascending thru "Hell", the Amulet of Yendor randomly teleports the
> user back down levels. After leaving the Valley of the Dead, why
> shouldn't the Amulet randomly transport you UP levels?

Martin Read already pointed out this would make the
game easier.

> On a theoretical note, if we considet the Amulet to be attracted to the
> pole of "evil" while still within the domain of "evil", should not the
> amulet also be attracted to "good" with equal probability while within
> the domain of "good"?

Because "good" is represented by Lawfull good, Neutral
good and Chaotic good. All three oppose Moloch but they
are also in competition among themselves as well. Once
you are out of G their competition menas the Amulet
doesn't get any boost.

Gary Olson <garyolson@pobox.NOSPAM.com> wrote:
>While ascending thru "Hell", the Amulet of Yendor randomly teleports the
>user back down levels. After leaving the Valley of the Dead, why
>shouldn't the Amulet randomly transport you UP levels?

Because it would make the game easier :)

(Seriously.)
illusion/kinetics controlling is love