hello?

Last response: in Video Games
July 30, 2005 1:54:48 AM

Well hopefully someone doesn't have me plonked.

I had an accident while playing samurai. I read a scroll of taming near a
priestess of Amaterasu Okami. This angered her and I had to kill her in
self-defense. A troll meandered in moments later, died and was sacrificed
on the altar which garnered me a four leaf clover. Where did I go right?

More about : question

Anonymous
July 30, 2005 4:09:03 AM

Haakon Studebaker wrote:
> I had an accident while playing samurai. I read a scroll of taming near a
> priestess of Amaterasu Okami. This angered her and I had to kill her in
> self-defense. A troll meandered in moments later, died and was sacrificed
> on the altar which garnered me a four leaf clover. Where did I go right?

According to a praying spoiler I've seen, angering a coaligned priest is
only -5 to alignment, and killing one is -2 (for a total of -7). You
probably still had a high enough alignment when you sacrificed that your
diety was at the very least not angry with you. You didn't so much "go
right" as "not go too far wrong."

--
Everett E. Johnson
"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."

"Everett E. Johnson" <joar@xmission.com> wrote in
news:D cf5o4$j9m$1@news.xmission.com:

> Haakon Studebaker wrote:
>> I had an accident while playing samurai. I read a scroll of taming
>> near a priestess of Amaterasu Okami. This angered her and I had to
>> kill her in self-defense. A troll meandered in moments later, died
>> and was sacrificed on the altar which garnered me a four leaf
>> clover. Where did I go right?
>
> According to a praying spoiler I've seen, angering a coaligned
> priest is only -5 to alignment, and killing one is -2 (for a total
> of -7). You probably still had a high enough alignment when you
> sacrificed that your diety was at the very least not angry with you.
> You didn't so much "go right" as "not go too far wrong."

I think you're missing a 15 point penalty in there. When you kill any
monster the value of alignment (as stored in malign) gets added to your
alignment. The malign value for aligned priests is 15. So killing an
coaligned priest carries three alignment penalties:
-5 for angering it
-2 for killing a priest
-15 due to its malign value
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 11:35:38 PM

In news:<Xns96A2D4BBDCE61heptapodyahoocom@216.196.97.131>, Haakon
Studebaker <heptapod@gmail.com> says...
> I had an accident while playing samurai. I read a scroll of taming near a
> priestess of Amaterasu Okami. This angered her and I had to kill her in
> self-defense. A troll meandered in moments later, died and was sacrificed
> on the altar which garnered me a four leaf clover. Where did I go right?

I don't really see why you think that this should not be likely..?
Please explain!

/Kristoffer

--
This cookie has a scrap of paper inside. It reads:
N jvaare arire dhvgf. N dhvggre arire jvaf.