Sign in with
Your question

Extend Range of Wireless Headset?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 9, 2013 5:41:19 PM

So I recently bought the Corsair Vengeance 2000 Headset, and it's been great.. However, my computer is in the basement and the floors and walls are made of concrete so it doesn't reach to the top floor. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to (or a product) to extend the signal. It communicates via 2.4GHz RF signal.
a b F Wireless
January 9, 2013 5:48:39 PM

Your saying that your computer is in the basement ? What are you doing listening to music or something that you want to have going on your computer and listen to it on the top floor of your house ?
The only thing I know of that will extend a wireless signasl is a repeater , but those are used for extending the wireless signal of a router.
January 9, 2013 5:54:57 PM

inzone said:
Your saying that your computer is in the basement ? What are you doing listening to music or something that you want to have going on your computer and listen to it on the top floor of your house ?
The only thing I know of that will extend a wireless signasl is a repeater , but those are used for extending the wireless signal of a router.

Probably walking around listening to music or chatting on mumble with people. I briefly looked into a 2.4GHz wireless extender, but it seems like they are all designed to extend the signals for a wireless network, so I'm not sure if it would repeat my headset signal.
Related resources
a b F Wireless
January 9, 2013 6:07:45 PM

The thing is that wireless routers opperate the lower of the two frequncies at 2.4 ghz and your saying that the headset also operates at that frequency and the extenders will extend a wireless signal in the 2.4 ghz frequency.
It souns like it should work except for one thing and that is the set up , in the initial set up you have to plug in the extender into a wall socket in the same room as the wireless router and go through the set up process. With this set up and trying to extend the wireless signal for the headset there is no set up process.
Anoption would be to contact the tech support of the headset and see if they have a solution or post a question in the Corsair forums and see what you get for a response.
January 9, 2013 6:23:14 PM

Some of the extenders don't require any setup. Maybe give one of those a try since they might just pick up any signal in that range and repeat it?
!