jess@hall

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
i have a load of music on my media player and am trying to get it to my samsung galaxy s it comes up that i need to get a licence from my pc? i cannot find where to do this. i have tried doing tunebite to confrim it and that did not work as i only get 1 min of each song. it also said on all forums that i should do tools, privacy and then check an acquire all licences option but there is no such option in my privacy option? how can i get this all to go to my phone im baffled?!

please help!

sounds like you're dealing with some sort of DRM on protected songs.

what type of media player? file format of songs?

how are you trying to transfer the files? through a program (such as carrier bundled software) or through windows click&drag?
------

i have an android phone as well, transferring music is super easy using just windows. to simplify things, use your pc as the middleground. i myself was using the itunes folder directory and click/dragging without any issue - and we all know how itunes is(was) about drm.

first option:

-you will want to get the music off your media player first, i'm not sure if your device saves the files in a strange way (like ipods do) or if it keeps all the relevant file names intact.
-once the files are saved on your computer (and in a format readable by your android player) connect your phone to your pc via usb.
-select the "use as disk drive" option under the connect to pc menu.
-your computer should now load drivers for and ask if you want to open up windows for your phone. for me it opens up 3, one for the installation software cd included on the phone. ignore this. one for your phones internal storage. one for your phones additional storage (memory card).
-browse to the appropriate folder using windows and just copy/paste or drag music into the folder.
-file transfer rates are rather slow for some reason so don't expect usb2 speeds!

second option:

if you plan to keep your songs on your additional sd card you can remove the card and use a card reader if you have one. navigate to the correct folders and continue in this manner. transfer speeds are most likely faster (if you have a fast speed flash card ONLY)