[announce] Ne.W.T - 1.2.0 released

NEthack With Tiles - 1.2.0
--------------------------

http://www.darkarts.co.za/projects/newt/

This NetHack & SLASH'EM graphical interface aims to mimic the tty
version of NetHack as much as possible, but with tiles.

Most notable features

* support most tilesets and most image formats
* sound support (via pmatch)
* joystick support
* many zoom modes to best view your game.
* realtime switching between tiled, ascii view

Changelog
---------

* update version number
* automated distfile creation
* ignore make clean failures
* upgrade from slashem 0.0.7e7 development, to 0.0.7e7f1 stable
* closed bug #13
* more distinct unvisited area colour
* default ascii colour on
* better help in Makefile
* reserve artifact #15 for lizard only
* close bug #14
* added artifact #14
* added artifact #13
* fixed bug #12
* fixed bug #11
* reprioritise bugs
* added artifact #12
* better dev building
* added artifact #11
* added artifact #10
* default prefs
* complete and progress has changed meaning in newer artifacts versions
* update artifacts manually to latest software compatibility
* autofit startup resolution depending on tileset size
* saner default font size
* fix init res typo
* colour tweaks
* version increment
* toplevel makefile for building ease
* update readme to correct values as well as make it version generic
* changelog is redundant
* update slashem from se007e6f3 to se007e7
* clean some makefile stupidities (nethack only)

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Clive Crous wrote:

> NEthack With Tiles - 1.2.0
> --------------------------
>
> http://www.darkarts.co.za/projects/newt/

I just have a page with some (non-informationnal) stuff and three red
rectangle (two left under the eye, one right) with a white "loading"
written in them. Apparently it is click-areas, menus or something similar
but they just don't stop "loading" and won't let me access any interesting
stuff.

Similar for the other pages, by the way.

I'm using Opera 8.01 Linux.

--
Hypocoristiquement,
Jym.

Adresse mail plus valide à partir de septembre 2005.
Utiliser l'adresse de redirection permanente :
Jean-Yves.Moyen `at` ens-lyon.org

Jym wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Clive Crous wrote:
>

>>NEthack With Tiles - 1.2.0
>>--------------------------
>>
>>http://www.darkarts.co.za/projects/newt/
>

> I just have a page with some (non-informationnal) stuff and three red
> rectangle (two left under the eye, one right) with a white "loading"
> written in them. Apparently it is click-areas, menus or something similar
> but they just don't stop "loading" and won't let me access any interesting
> stuff.
>
> Similar for the other pages, by the way.

I am sorry about this, opera does not support AJAX asfaik,
I am, as I write this, working on adding more compatibilty to my site.

http://www.darkarts.co.za/projects/newt/downloads/
http://www.darkarts.co.za/projects/newt/repository/ ( a darcs repository )

are the links that dont load for you.

I havn't put newt screenshots up (yet), but
http://www.darkarts.co.za/projects/lizard/screenshots/ is the lizard
interface, newt is vanilla nethack/slashem of this interface, lizard has
several of my own patches applied, so it might qualify more as a variant
that includes the newt interface.

again, sorry, I am fixing my site ...
Clive