1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
performance, yet still portable
5. How much battery life do you need?
3+ (while in word/surfing inet/movies) while playing games normally will be plugged in.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
counter strike source - max
crysis 2 - low
battlefield 3 - low
flight sim x - high aircraft, low everything else
battlefield bad company 2 - low
portal 1/2 - med to high
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Mobile entertainment/movies then secondary for school/inet/word
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
prefer 500gb, will accept down to 320gb and up to 750gb
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
dvd r/w, I have an eternal bluray w/r
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
not toshiba-bad personal experiences
only dell if its not terribly over priced or if its a low end model- again bad personal experiences
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I have been looking at the m11x with the i5, a xps 15 with the low end i7high end i5
I want an intel processor and either an i5 or a i7, nothing else
Atleast 4gb ddr3
Would like a backlit keyboard
I have also been looking at various msi and asus laptops.
I have a desktop of extreme power so I do not need a desktop replacement. I just need something that can be used in the classroom, long trips and for mobile gaming.
That is honestly the best one I have seen so far, I was just hoping for something with a higher graphic benchmark. I am going to keep the thread open for a few more days to see if I can get any other ideas. Thanks for the reply cloudy
The NP8130 sold by Sager is a Clevo model ... these days you can buy from Clevo distributors directly though it seems the distributors are no longer permitted to under price Sager and other vendors that Clevo OEM's. You will see proces usually matching to the penny on base price but can often save on customizations buying direct.