TomTom 4.4 and AvantGo 5.3 incompatible

February 28, 2005 7:44:04 PM

After so many resets I found that the component "libmal" (AFAIK installed by
AvantGo for Palm 5), crashes the TomTom navigation software ("Fatal Exception")
on my Zire 72.

Can anyone confirm and is there a workaround?

florian /FFF/
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 10:21:19 PM

I just got a Zire 72s and when I use TomTom Sotware I get a ("Fatal
Exception") so you think its AvantGo?
How do you get over this?

"Florian Feuser /FFF/" <florianSPAMTRAP@funnygarbage.com> wrote in message
> After so many resets I found that the component "libmal" (AFAIK installed
> by
> AvantGo for Palm 5), crashes the TomTom navigation software ("Fatal
> Exception")
> on my Zire 72.
>
> Can anyone confirm and is there a workaround?
>
> florian /FFF/
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 7:04:29 AM

On 2/28/05 7:21 PM Synwave wrote:
> I just got a Zire 72s and when I use TomTom Sotware I get a ("Fatal
> Exception") so you think its AvantGo?
> How do you get over this?

I got rid of the AvantGo Reader package (AvantGo, AVConnect, libmal). TomTom
runs fine now - I think.

florian /FFF/
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 4:46:42 PM

Florian Feuser /FFF/ napsal(a):
> On 2/28/05 7:21 PM Synwave wrote:
>
>>I just got a Zire 72s and when I use TomTom Sotware I get a ("Fatal
>>Exception") so you think its AvantGo?
>>How do you get over this?
>>

> I got rid of the AvantGo Reader package (AvantGo, AVConnect, libmal). TomTom
> runs fine now - I think.

So how about installing it the following way:
1) AvantGO
2) deleting it's copy of libmal
3) installing TomTom
Mark