Instructions for Preparation of Black Pudding

Black pudding is considered a delicacy in the Fire Fleet, particularly
after several months on the Boiling Sea. As black pudding is a ravenous
carnivore, it first must be caught, before being prepared for
consumption. Pages 2,976,341 through 3,123,882 of Volume LXXIII of
Thrapskaddidlogrumpanaciouslaxzitinity's semi-authoritative study of
monster hunting, How People Try to Catch Monsters, contain some 8, 647
methods for acquiring puddings. Many of these techniques are not
recommended, as they leave the black pudding in an inedible form. Black
pudding must be kept in secure ceramic containers prior to cooking, to
limit damage to culinary personnel.

Special long-handled asbestos ladles are ideal for transporting black
pudding from these containers to the deck of the vessel. They are used
also for cooking the black pudding. Black pudding is traditionally
cooked by immersion in boiling lava.
(Drikulomengrabaciflatorengulixfreibie, Navigating the Burning Sea, page
323, column 77), although the breath of a cooperative red
or gold dragon may be substituted in a pinch. Four to five minutes of
immersion per pint of black pudding is a reasonable cooking time;
properly cooked black pudding will have a syrupy, gelatinous texture.
Extreme care must be taken not to serve undercooked black pudding;
catastrophic cases of indigestion may result from improper preparation.

After removing the black pudding from the boiling lava, it must be set
aside for about three hours, until the coating of basalt has fully
congealed. After chipping off the basalt, the black pudding should be
seasoned liberally with celebdil, ground caradhras, and fanuidhol seeds,
then served hot. One quart of black pudding should serve two to three
gnomes, unless they are especially hungry. Leftover black pudding may be
served for several weeks, although its consistency will suffer.

(Taken from the manual to Dark Queen of Krynn.)

--
NOTE: Bubble Bobble doesn't work in this release. We are aware of that.
Use Bobble Bobble or Super Bobble Bobble instead, they work much better

I'm amazed they didn't mention all the useful intrinsics eating black
puddings can get you.

Why am I not surprised they offer no instructions for preparing brown
puddings?

John H. wrote:

> I'm amazed they didn't mention all the useful intrinsics eating black
> puddings can get you.

Perhaps this can be used for the / entry of black puddings:

Black Pudding

1lt (1¾ pints) Blood (Pig, Lamb or Goose)
340g (12oz) Shredded Suet
300ml (½ pint) Milk
50g (2oz) Oatmeal
3 Medium Onions, chopped
1 tbsp Salt
½ tsp Mixed Herbs
½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
Pinch Nutmeg

Pre-heat oven to 160°C: 300°F: Gas 2.

Mix all of the ingredients together thoroughly, making sure that the
seasonings are evenly distributed. Next fill the large sausage cases,
see: Sausage Making Basics for advice on doing so.

Place into an ovenproof dish with a cover, standing in a larger dish
half filled with water. Bake for 1½ hours. Allow to cool.

Fry with bacon and eggs for breakfast or use as a part of a Mixed Grill.

--
Boudewijn.

as my signature..." - Me