Sign in with
Your question

My sony vaio laptop wont turn on

Last response: in Windows 7
January 24, 2013 9:15:56 AM

Hello, I have a sony Vaio laptop and last night, i was streaming a football match when it suddenly froze. I turned it off for a couple of minutes and then turned it back on. I t certainly receives power as it shows the VAIO screen but after that it just displays "OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND". I have tried it several times since then but this is the message i still get. Please help. Thanks
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 24, 2013 5:15:04 PM

Boot from your system repair disc or installation disk to see if your HDD died or the master boot record is just corrupted. Try to do a startup repair, if that doesn't work try a REPAIR INSTALL or clean install.

If you don't have a disc, download a legit version from DIGITAL RIVER and use you key (that should be on a sticker on the bottom) to activate the repair or clean install.
a c 248 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 24, 2013 6:42:17 PM

Hi :) 

Run a hard drive test in DOS...HIRENS CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive...

All the best Brett :) 
Related resources
January 29, 2013 9:24:33 AM

Hello,
My 4 month old VAIO laptop froze the other day and i turned it off. When i turned it back on it only shows the VAIO screen and then it displays "OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND". I have searched for solutions online and most suggest i start up from a REPAIR DISK
How can i get a repair disk for my VAIO laptop as none came with the laptop when i bought it? PLEASE HELP
January 29, 2013 9:32:45 AM

Hello,
My 4 month old VAIO laptop froze the other day and i turned it off. When i turned it back on it only shows the VAIO screen and then it displays "OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND". I have searched for solutions online and most suggest i start up from a REPAIR DISK
How can i get a repair disk for my VAIO laptop as none came with the laptop when i bought it? PLEASE HELP

Also more suggestions are welcome if you think i have to do something else
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 29, 2013 12:02:08 PM

So return it to Sony and have them fix it. It has a warranty. And dont double post, its against forum rules.
a c 204 D Laptop
a c 352 $ Windows 7
January 29, 2013 12:05:10 PM

Reseat the hard-drive, then go into the BIOS and check to see if it shows up. If it does, go into the boot order options and set the hard-drive to be first, reboot, see if it works. If not, contact Sony to work on getting a replacement drive, it's probably bad.
a b $ Windows 7
January 29, 2013 12:37:09 PM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • PLEASE HELP...MY VAIO LAPTOP WONT START UP
  • VAIO START-UP
    !